Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

always someone try it on

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just had a phone call from some tw@t saying my internet conection is about to go off for two days as there is someone trying to hack my computer she said as we are with talktalk (we have not been with them for a year) it will be only two days.
then I told them that were not with talktalk and said says OK then you must be with BT and this is where I lost it
"you are now guessing"
"Ok so who are you with"
"you are so clever you ****ing tell me"
"there is no need to be like that"
"you rang me"
"Ok................so who are you with"
"this conversation is now ended **** off"

*******S:tosser:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is why I never answer our landline.

Anyone who I might want to talk to has my mobile number. The rest can swivel.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I like these calls. I see it as a challenge to keep them talking (whilst I carry on going about my business) for as long as possible.

"This is BT, we need to disconnect your internet."
"OK."
"We will be disconnecting it very soon."
"I understand, that's fine."
"You will not be able to use the internet any more because we will have disconnected it."
"No problem - you've got to do what you've got to do."

...and so it goes on....

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I like these calls. I see it as a challenge to keep them talking (whilst I carry on going about my business) for as long as possible.

"OK."
"You will not be able to use the internet any more because we will have disconnected it."

...and so it goes on....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just love the 'always someone try it on' thread title. Sounds for all the world like something a doleful Deep South chain gang would sing as they went about their enforced hard labour.

:lol:

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

"OK."

...and so it goes on....

My BT Internet is already so shite - my reply would be 'don't worry, I'll barely notice any difference!'

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The best scam I have seen in SA (other than the government saying that it is a government of course) is one where a very official letter/fax comes through saying that in order to renew your yellow pages advert, you must pay R1500 (a simple yellow pages ad is free). The number of people who have fallen for it is incredible. Despite the BT equivalent knowing about it and saying that it is a scam, they have yet to shut it down.

On the email front, I have had several recently from the United Nations informing me of my latest win in their lottery. That's nice.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I 'ain't done nothing wrong but I always get framed.

I just love the 'always someone try it on' thread title. Sounds for all the world like something a doleful Deep South chain gang would sing as they went about their enforced hard labour.

:lol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just had a cold call about an all inclusive holiday that I apparently took sometime ago. Northern chap tried to prompt me to confirm this but when I offered nothing he proceeded to tell me that the law has been changed to allow anybody who has fallen ill on this kind of holiday, however minor, to seek compensation etc etc..

Seemed quite upset that I wasn't interested, and even more so when I told him that he was encouraging the compo culture and was the lowest of the low. He even swore at me when I pressed him further. :lol: :tosser:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012

"OK."

...and so it goes on....

That's amazing. I want them to ring me :lolol:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
just had a phone call from some tw@t saying my internet conection is about to go off for two days as there is someone trying to hack my computer she said as we are with talktalk (we have not been with them for a year) it will be only two days.
then I told them that were not with talktalk and said says OK then you must be with BT and this is where I lost it
"you are now guessing"
"Ok so who are you with"
"you are so clever you ****ing tell me"
"there is no need to be like that"
"you rang me"
"Ok................so who are you with"
"this conversation is now ended **** off"

*******S:tosser:

Are you Chinese? Or maybe Thai?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions