Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I take it Albion fans want us (Boro) to beat Burnley on Tuesday?

Dec 6, 2015
I know they absolutely fluked a draw against you and Barton commited assault on three occasions, so I'm expecting a very tense game.

How do you see the game going?

Which Burnley players impressed you?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Definitely want a Boro win. Gray looked sharp at the Amex but no-one else impressed me. They were dangerous from set pieces though.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I know they absolutely fluked a draw against you and Barton commited assault on three occasions, so I'm expecting a very tense game.

How do you see the game going?

Which Burnley players impressed you?

Honestly, other than Gray, I wouldn't have any of them in our team. I honestly think we're the better team, all over the park. I'm keeping everything crossed that you stuff them, not just because I believe that's the best result for us, but also as it'd wipe the smug smile of Dyche/Barton's faces.

I hope you're promoted by the time we have to play you..

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You'll outplay them, barton will get away with murder, dyche will be in the 4th official's ear all game (quite literally every minute of it), boyd will look totally out of place on a football pitch and you'll cringe every time you concede a set piece against them.

As to the result, I hope you win, but Gray is dangerous so I would wager a draw. Doubt you'll lose though.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Wouldn't a draw be a good option as Brighton will "gain" 2 points from both teams assuming they win their next game?

It's only good if we still have expectations for the title. Alot on here have already forfeited that dream and just want burnley to drop as many points and as much morale as possible.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I want a draw, but it is in the Albion interest for Boro to win rather than Burnley.

Not much in it though.

A draw gives us better wobble odds as then if either Burnley or Boro draw a later game we are in with a better chance.

The Boro win is based up the assumption that Boro will be more likely to lose to the Albion of they are already up. That would be likely to hold true for the last 20 minutes, but I quite often bet on these sort of games and once in three times it doesn't work. Doubles are more successful than trebles.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
The one result we probably dont want is a Burnley win; makes things more difficult for us and makes a shoot out at your place on 7 May much more likely. You brought our undefeated run to an end, and I can see same happening to them. Be great in that scenario if PNE could continue their problems. But a draw would not be a bad result for us as a point then goes begging.

Likely to be physical game; they are quite an intimidating team, but not a lot of flair. They would struggle again in Prem with this team. Gray is obviously a good striker: one of those who disappears for 80 minutes then wins a game for them.

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
I hope that you win by 3 or 4 goals and that they get so frustrated that Barton, Boyd and Gray all receive straight red cards and have to serve a 3 match ban.

I also hope that Dyche is sent to the stands and receives a stadium ban for the rest of the season!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Assuming we beat QPR......

With 3 to play.....

Boro Win
Boro 88
BHA 84
Burnley 83

Draw
Boro 86
Burnley 84
BHA 84

Burnley Win
Burnley 86
Boro 85
BHA 84

So yes, a Boro win please.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not overly fussed about this result as long as we win all 4 games :)
To have both within reach is ideal as the nerves will certainly kick in in the latter stages,but we still have a lot on our plate and some very tough games.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm going to risk the wrath of the Gods of football, I think Boro will beat Burnley, and I reckon Preston will get a draw with them next weekend.
It's a Lancashire derby, no love lost there, and Preston are very difficult to beat on their own patch. Just hope wr can capitalise.

Stumpy Tim

Part of me doesn't want Boro to win, but actually I don't think it matters what the result is really. We're going to have to beat Boro on the final day to go up, in my opinion. If Boro don't win, assuming all three clubs win the other games, we'll know beating Boro on the final day will take us above Boro.

It may be time to stop predictions... no idea what's really going to happen

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Hope boro win 4-0 and we beat qpr 4-0
That's the goal difference sorted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills