Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recurring dream themes:I keep dreaming about tsunamis

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I have had these dreams for a few years now. Some of them are about being engulfed in them (scary enough) and a few are about escaping from them climbing up hills or observing them from higher ground.

It probably doesn't help by watching quite a few of the Japanese tsunamis videos from five years ago on YouTube.

What recurring themes do you get in your dreams. Do they have any meaning or are they just random sleep events?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Only annoying recurring dreams. Things like parking my car somewhere and when I go back to it the street has gone. I've lost and bought several cars in a single dream. Another one is having brittle shoe laces making it impossible to put footwear on.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I have had these dreams for a few years now. Some of them are about being engulfed in them (scary enough) and a few are about escaping from them climbing up hills or observing them from higher ground.

It probably doesn't help by watching quite a few of the Japanese tsunamis videos from five years ago on YouTube.

What recurring themes do you get in your dreams. Do they have any meaning or are they just random sleep events?

:yawn:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You need a night in in front of a good DVDs, I know, the day after tomorrow will help you sleep better!
Or this.

Scared the Bejesus out of me when I was 9. To the point I remember a terrible TV film from 1980 to this day.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Did your dream include seven plentiful years of crops followed by seven years of famine, seven fat cows, seven skinny cows, seven healthy ears of corn, and seven dead ears of corn? :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have a recurring dream in which a T Rex chases me. It's terrifying. I have screamed out in my sleep many times as I've been convinced I'm about to become it's lunch, which my longsuffering wife does NOT appreciate.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's about the only thing the EU doom mongers haven't threatened us with!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
I had a dream that I was eating a large, bland and tasteless marshmallow. When I woke up my pillow had gone..

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I had a horrific dream a couple of years ago that still makes me shiver now.

Don't recollect the start of it but I suddenly found myself in a scene from "Last Of The Mohicans" but it was Ms Spongy tied up and about to be burned at the stake. I was pleading and in a state but my dad turned up and offered himself up instead. The Mohicans accepted the offer as in the film but instead of us running up the mountain I had to watch my dad get burned.

I remember him saying "it's OK, just leave now, you're safe" but I couldn't and watched him burn.

I woke up as a 35 year old screaming and in a cold sweaty mess. Took a good few weeks to sleep again properly.

Thinking about it now makes me want to not go to sleep tonight. A true nightmare.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You've got to have a dream coz if you don't have a dream how the f*** you gonna have a dream come true!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
You've got to have a dream coz if you don't have a dream how the f*** you gonna have a dream come true!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I'd rather mine didn't thanks. Unfortunately I don't dream of winning the lottery or good things. Normally I don't remember dreams at all. I go to sleep and then 5-6 hours later I wake up. The fact I remember that one and still think of it now gives me the hibby-jibbies (how on earth do you write that BTW? never had to before....)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I was wondering whether a tsunami could hit Brighton...

Oddly enough it's been modelled. There's half of one of the Canary Islands, that I can't recall, that's about to slide into the Atlantic causing a tsunami large enough to obliterate the eastern seaboard of the US. It peters out to a metre high once it reaches Brighton causing some flooding in pool valley and the old steine. The Royal pavilion might need some sandbagging but nothing too bad I'm pleased to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here