Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership arrogance

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
having met two gents who like me wander around Eastbourne slowly, one an Arsenal fan the other a millwall fan.
me smiling says to the arse fan we could be playing you next season,Millwall guy steps forward and says yea well done Brighton arse guy mutters "well there and easy 6 points" and yes he might be right but surely thats arrogance :annoyed:.
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
we will get there

and hopefully beat the arse on the way :)

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
It is typical of followers (I won't call them fans) of premier clubs who come from Sussex. They all want Brighton to fail - the worse case scenario for them would be for Brighton to become an established premier league team.
For years we were regarded as a joke - then the conversations have been "you will never get to premier" - more recently I have heard "you will get destroyed in the premier league"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
About time Wenger retired.Maybe you'll meet him on the prom one day!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
having met two gents who like me wander around Eastbourne slowly, one an Arsenal fan the other a millwall fan.
me smiling says to the arse fan we could be playing you next season,Millwall guy steps forward and says yea well done Brighton arse guy mutters "well there and easy 6 points" and yes he might be right but surely thats arrogance :annoyed:

It's not though, is it? A different Millwall bloke could well have nutted you for speaking to him funny like, while a different Arsenal bloke could easily have said good point, well made, I prefer the rugger myself actually. :moo:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Being told similar by pastey barca attired gentleman is arguably worse.

Though the barca shirts around central brighton not been out in such force since Wednesnday :whistle:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
me smiling says to the arse fan we could be playing you next season,Millwall guy steps forward and says yea well done Brighton arse guy mutters "well there and easy 6 points" and yes he might be right but surely thats arrogance :annoyed:.
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
we will get there

and hopefully beat the arse on the way :)

I have never met a manure fan with a mancunian accent, they are everywhere around London.
It's the same with arse fans who think they should win everything by default of their history!!

Anyway I bet your speed is faster than any of the Zimmer faction from Bexhill :) :)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have never met a manure fan with a mancunian accent, they are everywhere around London.
It's the same with arse fans who think they should win everything by default of their history!!

Anyway I bet your speed is faster than any of the Zimmer faction from Bexhill :) :)

my mate used to call Llanelli walking stick city..........................he has not been to Eastbourne lately :lolol:

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
They are fans, but not supporters. They are fans of entertainment on tv and radio which is probably where they first saw or heard of that team. Just imagine a world without Sky sports, these people would suddenly look locally in their real lives around them and lend their support to the local team that carried the name of their town. Free country though and if it makes one happy to be entertained by being a fan of good football teams then fair enough. I personally have more of a connection and understanding for Palace fans from Croydon rather than Arsenal fans from Hove

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have a colleague whom is a top bloke. However he is palace. The other day he shocked me saying he liked Brighton as well, has been to see us about ten times and wants us to be promoted.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They are fans, but not supporters. They are fans of entertainment on tv and radio which is probably where they first saw or heard of that team. Just imagine a world without Sky sports, these people would suddenly look locally in their real lives around them and lend their support to the local team that carried the name of their town. Free country though and if it makes one happy to be entertained by being a fan of good football teams then fair enough. I personally have more of a connection and understanding for Palace fans from Croydon rather than Arsenal fans from Hove

You do realise that the world existed before Sky Sports, don't you?

You'll be interested to know that there were just as many Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U etc "supporters" around then, too.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

You'll be interested to know that there were just as many Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U etc "supporters" around then, too.

Was entirely Liverpool from my limited memory of before then - the others not really performing to the standard a glory hunter wants at the time.

Due to an "Irish" manager I'm expecting to see our limited numbers at the meetups here swell with people we've never seen for the past decade and a half of doing them next year.

On the OP's post, I think that you could call it arrogance or depending on how it was said, you could call it banter. Sometimes the 'easy 6 points' comment is just something to say as a quick response to an unexpected remark from a stranger and it's meant as a light joke, but it's just as easy for it to cause offence.

As an aside on the subject of 'plastics', the Managing Director of my unit regularly claims to be a massive Liverpool fan, even though it is obvious to anyone with eyes that he is 'Armchair' with bells on.

I once asked him how often he gets to a game and he replied without hesitation that it was a European game about 6 years before (which he had been offered as hospitality).

I don't expect everyone to be a die-hard fan of any club. Claiming that you are, when you're not is the bit I don't like.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We all know some, the pain in the arse if we go up, is these armchairs will be asking if you can get them a ticket sat next to you when we play their team.
We need to get our diplomatic responses ready for this, as they will not understand why this is a no no.

el punal

I don't whether this still applies, but back in the late 1970s I worked in Manchester for a few months, and found that the vast majority of fans in central Manchester supported Citeh. The United fans were mainly to the west - Stretford, Salford and the outskirts.

It was also very noticeable how many United fans travelled from far flung places. On the M6 going back north to Manchester (United had a game that night) there was coach after coach of fans - Exeter Reds, Torquay Reds, Gloucester Reds and so on. So this belief that Man.Utd fans live 200 miles from Manchester is not a new phenomenon. At that time United were defininetly not top dogs that honour belonged to Liverpool with Forest and Arsenal up there too.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Some people are fickle. I have a family member who traveled weekly to see Man Utd in the 70s, spent part of the 80s and 90s as a season ticket holder at Palace and has held a season ticket ( and traveled away) for the Albion for last decade. He has lived in Brighton for all this time.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven

You do realise there was bbc before Sky Sports, don't you?

You'll be interested to know that those Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U etc "supporters" around then, would have first seen these magnificent teams on to or heard on radio.

Like I said fans of entertaining teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here