Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed or Ulloa - Who's Better?

GenericJames

Apr 2, 2016
On the back of his recent hat-trick performance, Hemed's goal tally has reached 16 for his first season in England. I'm sure most Albion fans would have been overjoyed with that turnout, at the start of the season.

But, who do you think is the better striker - Tomer Hemed, or Leonardo Ulloa?

Personally, I would go with Hemed. He seems to have a bit more technique to his play style, I feel his commitment to the team is slightly higher, his discipline record is better and he's already matched Ulloa's full season goal tally, with four games still to play.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd say pretty equal. Ulloa felt like a more consistent goal scorer, but I think Hemed is as good as Murray for all round play, technique and strength.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Until Hemed has the pace of Ulloa (which lets face it is hardly Bolt-tastic) this is a non-starter.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
On the back of his recent hat-trick performance, Hemed's goal tally has reached 16 for his first season in England. I'm sure most Albion fans would have been overjoyed with that turnout, at the start of the season.

But, who do you think is the better striker - Tomer Hemed, or Leonardo Ulloa?

Personally, I would go with Hemed. He seems to have a bit more technique to his play style, I feel his commitment to the team is slightly higher, his discipline record is better and he's already matched Ulloa's full season goal tally, with four games still to play.
Don't forget Leo was injured for 1/4 of that season, so not really fair to compare season tally as not like for like number of games.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Hemed has had far more support and goal opportunities than Ulloa had. It is difficult to compare. I like Hemed and would not want a swap for Ulloa who did his bit and has moved on. Hemed is better for us right now for sure.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hemed has had far more support and goal opportunities than Ulloa had. It is difficult to compare. I like Hemed and would not want a swap for Ulloa who did his bit and has moved on. Hemed is better for us right now for sure.
Hemed has looked a completely different player when playing in a formation similar to what Leo was fighting against.

Leo in this team, playing this season, could have set records.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Depends what you want from your striker. Hamed he better all round link up but Ulloa is a more natural scorer.
Hamed also is a worker and literally runs himself in to the turf. I can think of a few games he's run so far and worked so hard he is spent by 75 mins

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I still think Ulloa is something of a better all-round footballer, and is certainly a far better finisher. I thoroughly like Hemed and his link-up play and his flailing arms to gee up the crowd and his putting away of a number of penalties, but season-long Ulloa would likely have bagged a few more and have us higher up the scoring charts.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Find it hard to compare the reality of one with just the memory of the other ..or are we talking about the new leaner fitter Ulloa?
I know TH has missed one but certainly would choose him over LU to take penalties

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Without doubt Ulloa. Better at losing defender, Although not fast is quicker. better first touch, better finisher. Had nobody outstanding since Zamora. However because we are so strong on wings and midfield create far more chances now.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Want both next season,greedy :albion2:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
is this a serious question? Ulloa is a far superior player

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ulloa for me although Hemed is the better all round footballer. Hemed has had an excellent first season and will doubtless improve for it but 'IF' we get promoted I think he will struggle at the higher level as much for a lack of pace as anything...

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
As stat brother said Ulloa with service from Skalak and Knockaert would have been lethal.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Want both next season,greedy :albion2:

Hemed, Ulloa, Calleri & Bolanos. Double :albion2:

Oh and Wilson for another season assuming there aren't any kidz able to step up.

Shite, I keep forgetting the 'one game at a time' mantra.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here