Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there anyone on NSC local to me who can fix my computer?

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I live in Reigate road BN1. I must be the least computer literate person on the planet and need someone to fix my Sony tap 20, operating on windows 8. Obviously I'll pay the going rate. I have a feeling that it'll be one helluva challenge. I think it's a great product and don't really want to replace it, but it's virtually paralysed. I might as well use it as a door stop!

I keep on getting 'script error', something about SA plugin, and as virtually every session just crashes, I'm constantly getting 'Your last browsing session closed unexpectedly'. The 'B' on the keyboard rarely works. Perhaps I should replace it!

Anyone local out there who is up to the challenge?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
with no other info, script error indicates browser trouble and SA Plugin is apparently related to Java. first save anything of importance to a USB drive or something just in case. reinstall/update your browser(s) and Java. install spybot or similar to look for nasties that might be interfering. defrag the hard drive. remove all "toolbars" that may have crept onto the machine, go to Add-Remove programs in control panel (or whereever it is on 8). and finally try to use words with the letter B.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'd not heard of this device before but a quick Google suggests that on paper it should still be a fairly competent machine. Therefore I'd backup your important shit (cloud AND external storage), then do a complete wipe and fresh Windoze install.

Looks like the following instructions for doing a factory reset are applicable to your Sony jobby: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answe...sion/L3RpbWUvMTQyMzA3NjM4NC9zaWQvc2UyOUphZW0=

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I live in Reigate road BN1. I must be the least computer literate person on the planet and need someone to fix my Sony tap 20, operating on windows 8. Obviously I'll pay the going rate. I have a feeling that it'll be one helluva challenge. I think it's a great product and don't really want to replace it, but it's virtually paralysed. I might as well use it as a door stop!

I keep on getting 'script error', something about SA plugin, and as virtually every session just crashes, I'm constantly getting 'Your last browsing session closed unexpectedly'. The 'B' on the keyboard rarely works. Perhaps I should replace it!

Which browser are you running? I would recommend downloading opera browser and seeing if you have the same errors on there and then report back.

Also download antimalwarebytes and run a full scan

https://www.malwarebytes.org/dl-confirm/

See what happens with those and report back.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'd not heard of this device before but a quick Google suggests that on paper it should still be a fairly competent machine. Therefore I'd backup your important shit (cloud AND external storage), then do a complete wipe and fresh Windoze install.

Looks like the following instructions for doing a factory reset are applicable to your Sony jobby: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answe...sion/L3RpbWUvMTQyMzA3NjM4NC9zaWQvc2UyOUphZW0=

Description suggests browser issue so before going to total rebuild I'd uninstall and then re-install your browser first.

The Rattler

NSC Patreon
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts

I'm useless with computers and don't live anywhere near you, sorry!

But I did live in Reigate Road pretty much from birth to my early 20's. Some good times, including many hours spent causing chaos round the church / church hall. Remember jumping off the church hall roof on a rope once.

Damn it, I miss living in Brighton!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here