Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minutes applause for the Albion fan who sadly passed away at Falmer.

Hi all, I hardly post or comment in here, but I hope it is ok to share this in here and to get your help in arranging this. But in my Facebook group, we have started to arrange a minutes applause for the sad passing of our Albion supporting friend, and as it was a 5-0 victory, we thought it fitting to do it in the 5th minute. we have spoken to Paul Barber and got his approval, though the club can do nothing official. I will copy and paste my post.

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen, just making a post to get everyone together, in arranging a minutes applause on Tuesday at the QPR game, in appreciation and in honour of the sad passing of the Albion fan at Falmer station last night. I wish I could name him in this post to honour him correctly, but as yet, he is still unnamed. We have contacted several QPR groups, and they are happy to join in and spread the word of this. We as a group have decided it will be best to do this on the 5th minute of the match, as it was a 5-0 victory. If you could all share this around on Facebook, Twitter, NSC etc, it will be much appreciated, and we can give this poor gentleman the send off he deserves. R.I.P our Albion friend. xxx

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Nice idea. Doing in the minute that corresponds to his age might be more poignant, though.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Nice idea. Doing in the minute that corresponds to his age might be more poignant, though.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
It appears the fan in question was 92.

Nice idea to organise a tribute though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can the club not put a picture up on the big screens in the 5th minute? I guess if not it's because it's not enough notice / not been named etc. I'm in though - nice idea matey :thumbsup:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It appears the fan in question was 92.

Nice idea to organise a tribute though.

He must have suffered a lot of disappointment. Seen our very first promotion which I've heard (and felt: too young to know what was going on) was epic at its time.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Has the fan been named? Has anyone spoken with his family?

I don't mind tributes but surely the family should be consulted first, especially as the poor gentleman has even been named in the press yet.

The idea is in the right spirit and apologies if the OP has already been in touch with the family.

As he has not been named, we have not contacted the family, however we emailed Paul Barber, he said the club cannot do anything official but it was a nice idea, and that there is nothing stopping the fans doing an impromptu applause. as for the age, we thought this originally, but as he was 92, decided it was hard to do in injury time, especially as the clock will just show 90 mins, and that the 5th minute for 5-0 would be appropriate. I hope I have not offended anyone?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm sure everyone will join in, great idea

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Sad and wish his family all the best.

There's an awful lot of compassion signalling in football these days - if it were down to me he'd simply be mentioned at half time on the microphone for a round of applause - giving details of his family's chosen charity if anyone wanted to make their feelings more concrete.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here