Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Israeli interest in our season...

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I hadn't really thought about how having Kayal and Hemed might lead to more interest from Israel.

This comment is from a Maccabi Haifa fan on Reddit about Kayal and coverage of our season:

"I think Celtic let him go because he had troubles returning from a long term injury for them but yeah he was massive for us as well but I never expected him to succeed at such a high level.
The level of intrest in the Championship itself is pretty low I would say but because of you , alot of people are talking about it and following it this season.
Every one of your games gets broadcasted on TV and has live coverage on all of the major sports sites. I know alot of people cheered for you an extra amount yesterday due to you playing Fulham which is managed by Slavisha Jokanovic that used to manage Maccabi Tel Aviv this season but left in the middle of the season and is pretty hated. I would say our entire country is rooting for you guys to get promoted
Not trying to get make you guys the Israeli english team but I think a player that could really be good for you guys is Nir Bitton from celtic , he's a DM."

Hello Israel :bigwave:

el punal

I hadn't really thought about how having Kayal and Hemed might lead to more interest from Israel.

This comment is from a Maccabi Haifa fan on Reddit about Kayal and coverage of our season:

"I think Celtic let him go because he had troubles returning from a long term injury for them but yeah he was massive for us as well but I never expected him to succeed at such a high level.
The level of intrest in the Championship itself is pretty low I would say but because of you , alot of people are talking about it and following it this season.
Every one of your games gets broadcasted on TV and has live coverage on all of the major sports sites. I know alot of people cheered for you an extra amount yesterday due to you playing Fulham which is managed by Slavisha Jokanovic that used to manage Maccabi Tel Aviv this season but left in the middle of the season and is pretty hated. I would say our entire country is rooting for you guys to get promoted
Not trying to get make you guys the Israeli english team but I think a player that could really be good for you guys is Nir Bitton from celtic , he's a DM."

Blimey! Where does that leave Spurs? :wink:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You see quite a few Israel flags in the ground paying homage to Tomer and Beram.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003

I have lots of family in Israel and they are all following the Albion intently and of course Beram & Tomer especially - it's big news there indeed. The Promised Land beckons in more ways than one..... In the past, a plane has been chartered by a sports travel agency for a long w/e to watch/support Israeli players playing in the Premiership. This may well be restarted come August....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have more faith in the Albion bringing peace to the middle east than I ever had in Blair.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It was December 1999 and I remember getting a taxi to Ben Gurion airport and the driver asked me what team I supported. I mentioned Brighton, fully expecting to him not to have heard of us but he immediately started rabbiting on about Moshe Gariani and Jacob Cohen. He knew we'd been in the First Division and the Cup Final too. I was seriously impressed

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was December 1999 and I remember getting a taxi to Ben Gurion airport and the driver asked me what team I supported. I mentioned Brighton, fully expecting to him not to have heard of us but he immediately started rabbiting on about Moshe Gariani and Jacob Cohen. He knew we'd been in the First Division and the Cup Final too. I was seriously impressed

I went backpacking for 6 months in 1980.

I ended up in a Kibbutz north of Haifa for 2 months.

I was working in the orchards and Moshe the foreman, asked me who I supported?

When I told him, he just said "Ah Brighton, a good side" and left it at that. He was normally a miserable sod,

the whole of Israel were interested in Garani and Cohen.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Bloody foreigners, coming over here, scoring our goals...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If all our games are broadcast on tv presumably there have been live streams somewhere on the internet for them. Need to find them for the last few games. Anyone got any ideas where they'd be found?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bloody foreigners, coming over here, scoring our goals...

I believe the brightest and best Israeli football players should stay in Israel and help to improve the prosperity of their local teams, instead of coming over here, being really good and helping to transform Brighton from relegation candidates to the brink of promotion to the Premier League. WHAT'S WRONG WITH WORSHIPING A TREE?!

S

smileyweb

There were a couple of Hapoel Tel Aviv fans in the East Lower on Friday, happily taking pictures of themselves with their scarves at half-time with the West Stand in the background. They seemed to be enjoying themselves. ��

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here