Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed´s penalties

Am I the only one who worries about Hemed´s penalties? I have no problem with his record, he seems to be able to send the keepr the wrong way and then roll it accurately into the other corner.

I just wish he will hit it a bit harder. If the keeper guesses correctly and goes the right way he should be able to save it easily and Hemed will look a bit of a pillock.

If he gave it some welly even if the keeper did go the right way it would still probably go in.

One day, maybe very soon, a keeper is going to guess correctly and save one pretty easily. I just hope it happens when we are three nil up and not in the last minute away at Boro when a goal would see us promoted.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Am I the only one who worries about Hemed´s penalties? I have no problem with his record, he seems to be able to send the keepr the wrong way and then roll it accurately into the other corner.

I just wish he will hit it a bit harder. If the keeper guesses correctly and goes the right way he should be able to save it easily and Hemed will look a bit of a pillock.

If he gave it some welly even if the keeper did go the right way it would still probably go in.

One day, maybe very soon, a keeper is going to guess correctly and save one pretty easily. I just hope it happens when we are three nil up and not in the last minute away at Boro when a goal would see us promoted.
I hate his penalties with a passion. Always get the feeling he will miss a vital one at some stage.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we just have to get used to the fact Tomer will never score a thunder*******.

For whatever reason he just doesn't seem to kick the ball hard.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Exactly. He's scored all but one this season, good record from the spot, no problem.
If he gave it more welly, you could argue he is more liable to miss the target completely. He's got a style he's clearly comfortable with, if his record is good I take confidence from it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was heart in the mouth time last night as I expected him to do one of his little dip down the middle ones and Bettonelli save it but all credit to him he put it in the corner very near the post. I must admit I prefer a blaster.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

I can see why you have a grey beard :moo:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There is a tiny hesitation whilst he waits to see which way the keeper is going, then he puts it elsewhere. It's not a stutter, but a minute pause.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I've never been confident when he steps up to take a penalty. But he seems to have a lot of self confidence and doesn't see the need to strike it hard. His record is 80%, which is pretty good, so I suppose why should he fix what isn't broken?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To be honest I really can't remember a penalty taker I was that comfortable with or confident about, There certinly hasn't been one during the Amex years.

I will always remember Gus turning his back on the game and looking into the crowd whenever we took a penalty. Obviously he was even less confident than us that his man was going to score!

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I have never been confident of any Brighton player to score a penalty!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hemed has been our best penalty taker since Dean Hammond. I'm usually thinking we'll miss when we get a penalty, never when Hemed steps up.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hemed has been our best penalty taker since Dean Hammond. I'm usually thinking we'll miss when we get a penalty, never when Hemed steps up.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Lopez was quality from the penalty spot. If memory serves me right, he didn't miss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here