Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It felt like something changed last night

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not quite sure how to put it into words but it felt like something changed last night. The whole club - players, staff and fans really stepped up in an incredible way.

The atmosphere was (one of?) the best we've had at the Amex with the WSU was rocking for much of the game and signing from all sides.

That buzzing atmosphere continued on the train, through Brighton station and into the pubs late into the night.

Wonderful stuff.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm not quite sure how to put it into words but it felt like something changed last night. The whole club - players, staff and fans really stepped up in an incredible way.

The atmosphere was (one of?) the best we've had at the Amex with the WSU was rocking for much of the game and signing from all sides.

That buzzing atmosphere continued on the train, through Brighton station and into the pubs late into the night.

Wonderful stuff.

It was your magic beard wot won it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Wonderful stuff.

And the beauty of last night's win is that we can all relax for the weekend while a heap of pressure is thrown right back on to Boro and Burnley. This is sure turning into one epic 3-way battle. Who blinks first?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

Wonderful stuff.

Agreed - but we were very quiet in the first 25 minutes while we had about 10% possession. The penalty changed things - in other circumstances it would probably be an idea if the fans could get the atmosphere going to lift the lads.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The last 10 minutes or so was like the old days: everyone on their feet in the North Stand and all singing (seemed like it anyway). My daughter said her voice was going - which is how it should be. Let's hope we can keep it up for the QPR match

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Wonderful stuff.

Didn't think the transfer window opened until the start of June :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Wonderful stuff.
I couldn't get down for this one, I listened to the commentary via a creaking Seagulls Player feed, but you could tell it was one of those electric nights. The goals, the piss taking oles at the Fulham players, the noise of the crowd, the wave after wave of attacks. It could easily have been double figures.

It sounded to me like one of our noisily supported away games amplified by 10.......at home!

Same again on Tuesday please.

S

smileyweb

There was even singing / chanting in the P&R bus queues post-match. No really.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
I couldn't get down for this one, I listened to the commentary via a creaking Seagulls Player feed, but you could tell it was one of those electric nights. The goals, the piss taking oles at the Fulham players, the noise of the crowd, the wave after wave of attacks. It could easily have been double figures.

It sounded to me like one of our noisily supported away games amplified by 10.......at home!

Same again on Tuesday please.

To be fair, it was the Fulham fans who started the oles, we joined in with them, great atmosphere !! Can we try to get the team firing from kick off on Tuesday please.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Totally agree. This is the most exciting end of season since that famous final one at The Goldstone.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plenty at work this morning have finally thought:-

'hang on a minute...'

A statement win.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
It was noticeable how the goal celebrations involved pretty much the whole team going to the touch line to connect with us - all summed up in that already iconic photo (you know the one I mean). And all of us singing 'Bruuuunoooo'. Incredible night - very special indeed. And let's do it again on Tuessay for the poor man who passed away.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BRRRRRUUUUUUUUUNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO was the first time the entire stadium (home anyway) sang with heart. Got me quite emotional.
And yet still not as emotional as all the players in front of us in the East.

They were (struggling to think of an adjective) tribal :shrug:

We're all seen important goals, something this most definitely wasn't, but it's hard to think of another response like it.

As Bozza saying it's hard to definite, but something has shifted again within the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here