Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Spike in Season Ticket Sales for 2016/17

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Paul Barber in the programme last night said that sales for 16/17 (including the 3000 1901 members) are due to be "well in excess" of 21K.
That would be a 10-15% increase on 15/16 and not that shy of that all time 13/14 record of 22.5K.

other things he said in the programme.

- 96% of ST holders renewed.
- 90% of those that bought a half season ticket at christmas converted to a full season ticket
- 30% of all *new* season ticket holders are u18 compared to 15% of existing ST holders.
- (so far) 90% of 1901 club members renewed.

Presumably those numbers will tick up quite a bit if we win our next four games...

Our average attendance for 15/16 is thanks to the successful run in and after the near sell outs for Burnley, Fulham and Derby games is now on track to be similar to just shy of 26K - ie: the same as 14/15 despite the drop in ST holders but still 2nd to Derby who are close to 30K this year.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Great news, the Falmer masterplan was to attract a new generation of supporters and it's working. Success breeds success. Dick Knight's vision, Tony Bloom's brilliant execution.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If we win the next 4, season tickets will be sold out as will every home match shortly after the tickets are released. There are at least 20k+ Brighton fans who did not attend last night but would do if it was a Premier League match.

If we win the next 4 games I can see demand fo ST outstripping demand and a cap will be put on sales around 26,000.

Even then, with a full 3000 away following next term I think those without a season ticket will need to ensure they are a bronze member to stand a chance of getting a ticket to many home games.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I was under the impression the off sale related to current prices. I assume they will be back on sale once we know where our future lies

el punal

If we win the next 4 games I can see demand fo ST outstripping demand and a cap will be put on sales around 26,000.

Even then, with a full 3000 away following next term I think those without a season ticket will need to ensure they are a bronze member to stand a chance of getting a ticket to many home games.

A similar topic to this came a couple of seasons ago. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong!) that the club have to allow 3,000 (10% of capacity) for away fans and 3,000 (10%) for fans wishing to purchase tickets on a match by match basis. If this is so then the maximum number of season tickets available would be 24,000. Pretty damn good going if that is achieved.

Dec 29, 2011
A similar topic to this came a couple of seasons ago. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong!) that the club have to allow 3,000 (10% of capacity) for away fans and 3,000 (10%) for fans wishing to purchase tickets on a match by match basis. If this is so then the maximum number of season tickets available would be 24,000. Pretty damn good going if that is achieved.

Isn't it 15% for cup matches? If a season ticket entitled you to first refusal of your seat for cup matches, we would have to take that into account.

If we give 15% (which is correct if demanded for cup games) then the extra 5% are housed in E1H and E1G (family)

E1H is not sold as season tickets (about 600) and those sold in E1G are offered seats on the school shelf.

I've not heard that 3000 need to be kept back for home match by match sales but this could be right but 3000 will be made available for visiting teams if they want that many. Most will.

I also hope the club are able to have the season ticket exchange running again.

I also suspect some seats will be kept back in the corners as we will no doubt have some seats that match the £30 away ticket prices and the club would not want to be selling £30 tickets on the sides.

S

smileyweb

I was under the impression the off sale related to current prices. I assume they will be back on sale once we know where our future lies

AFAIK, this is it. The 2016-17 prices were set for existing ST holders vs. new STs (slightly more expensive) right from the start...

...but as the club extended the deadline from earlier this week, due to demand, maybe the rush to get in before today's deadline after last night's tonking of Fulham might mean another extension.

I doubt it though.

S

smileyweb

Why do they set a deadline date on season ticket sales - surely if they have season tickets for sale why not sell til they run out?

Money in the bank, sooner, plus - this season - lots of new punters gambling on us playing in the Premier League next season...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just bought one extra in WSU.

Works out £25 a game if in Championship or £30 a game if in Premier League.

Including return train travel from Eastbourne makes these prices affordable as part of family day out.

If In Premier League then matchday tickets in WSU are going to be like hen's teeth and presumably c.£50 a pop...?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
ps

Looking at availability of STs around the stadium - WSU remains by far the most popular general area with central sections completely sold out and only a couple of hundred seats not taken by STs (mainly at the far South end and at the back).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Paul Barber in the programme last night said that sales for 16/17 (including the 3000 1901 members) are due to be "well in excess" of 21K.
That would be a 10-15% increase on 15/16 and not that shy of that all time 13/14 record of 22.5K.

Barber said in the QPR programme notes that actually ST sales, as a result of a last flurry of sales i guess, are now "well in excess of 22K" for 2015/16.
This means they would be an all time high and means the 15% or so decline since 2013/14 has been completely reversed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here