Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance v QPR

Without knowing the results of today's games, beating QPR could see us top of the table and four points clear of 3rd or we could be 3rd and 5 points behind second.

There are currently loads of seats available. At this time it looks like a crowd of just 25000 and won't be helped by the fact that QPR have shifted less than 1000 and the train shambles last night will have put some off.

Currently available.....

North: 550
WSL: 960
WSU: 332
ESL: 662
ESU: 480
South: 212

That's 3100 available but assuming QPR are in the SE corner that still leaves half of E1H (300) and the whole of the south central (2500) empty. School shelf probably sparse or empty for this one too

We will clearly shift a few more but not expecting more than 26000 at this one.

Derby tho is getting close to selling out.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Think Southern Rail's efforts last night compounded by the failure of the club's transport manager to get on top of things early will have cost us quite a few bums on seats for Tuesday.
Noticeably nothing from either party promising that there won't be a repeat

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Think Southern Rail's efforts last night compounded by the failure of the club's transport manager to get on top of things early will have cost us quite a few bums on seats for Tuesday.

Very little the club could have done if they weren't notified officially until just before 730 as per club statement

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

Unfortunately the clubs transport manager can do very little about 1,500 fans being stuck at Brighton train station if he is only informed of the issue at 7:28pm. We couldn't have delayed kick-off at such a late stage.

As stated in the press release if they had known earlier kick-off could've been delayed to accommodate

Very little the club could have done if they weren't notified officially until just before 730 as per club statement

As I mentioned. A club rep at the station would mean we don't need to be told by Southern. They would have been able to see it themselves! It would have been clear from 1845 there was going to be issues.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
TBH delaying KO wouldn't have helped as it would have to have been delayed by over half an hour with the knock on effects at full time.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
As I mentioned. A club rep at the station would mean we don't need to be told by Southern. They would have been able to see it themselves! It would have been clear from 1845 there was going to be issues.

This is a good point. Doesn't even need Southern's co-operation really, just send someone down there with a mobile to eyeball the queue and keep an ear out for announcements etc...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Unfortunately delaying kickoff doesn't mean the railway runs extra late night trains after the normal timetable.

I'd rather miss the beginning of a game than have to fire drill it off early and miss the end.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Regarding your last comment given that it's only the morning after it seems a bit early for announcements....one would hope that once a full investigation has been made then something will be said.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Regarding your last comment given that it's only the morning after it seems a bit early for announcements....one would hope that once a full investigation has been made then something will be said.

The club got its excuses in absolving itself of blame for not delaying kickoff while the game was still being played.
Sometimes a prompt customer service response based on what is known is the right answer. I'm not convinced that there will be (or needs to be) a much fuller investigation but if there is I'm sure it's impact, if not felt on Tuesday, will come in very handy when planning for next season :lolol:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
It will be sold out packed to the rafters, at least it should be.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Does the club still have a transport manager? I'm not sure.

Aside from the train issues, Mill Road P&R has major issues, yet the problem gets worse by the week.

Transport - it's the one area of the club where they fail - and unfortunately for evening games, it's putting people off attending.

Two years ago, I spoke to Barber and Paul Camlin about it and was told a 'working party' would be set up, where people using different methods of transport could raise their concerns.

Heard nothing.

It seems churlish to criticise anything about the club at the moment, as there is a real feel good factor, but IMO some simple changes could massively improve the flow of people in/out of Falmer.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Pretty safe to assume that wholly inadequate 3 and 4 carriage trains will be put on.

As others have stated, a better option than standing in an interminable queue at Brighton station would be to walk down to the bottom of Trafalgar Street and catch a 25 bus to falmer, or bite the bullet and share a cab to the ground for about 4 quid each.

Get your Plan B sorted earlydoors, because you may well need it. Rest assured that if Southern can f*ck up your day, then they will.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Eight o'clock KO the only answer

West Coastway was and stiill is so bad it will cost supporters for good. Certainly for evening games which means they won't buy a seasopn ticket.

I'm not sure what tio do about it. Leave from Shoreham station at six seems the only way. People just don't get home in time. Eight o'clock KO would help. Only miss half an hour then.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
West Coastway was and stiill is so bad it will cost supporters for good. Certainly for evening games which means they won't buy a seasopn ticket.

I'm not sure what tio do about it. Leave from Shoreham station at six seems the only way. People just don't get home in time. Eight o'clock KO would help. Only miss half an hour then.

I take your point. Conversely though, by applying an 6pm kick off time, that will only mean games finishing later, and giving fans even less time to get home before the railway goes to sleep for the night. For anyone changing in Brighton and wantting to travel anywhere west, or anywhere at all for that matter, it's going to make things very very difficult indeed. No, l think kick off needs to remain at 7.45, but something needs to be done to lessen the queues, and the susequent delays.

As for your comment about people not wanting to buy a season ticket, well, well over 20,000 fans already have one, so I don't think the club will worry too much about that.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

8 o'clock kick off means a fire drill on 70 minutes.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Delayed kick offs seem to muck the game up. Seen this happen a few times not just with us but other games as well. Players are primed to go at a certain time and the delay seems to knock everyone out of their stride.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
The post-match west coastway service certainly needs to be looked at. As per most people's advice, we hung around after the game to avoid the queues at Falmer station and got back to Brighton in plenty of time for the 23:13 - which is the last train going further west than Worthing. However, the gates had been closed and we weren't allowed to join it (advised that the THREE CARRIAGE train was full) so ended up on a later train to Worthing and a £30 onwards taxi fare home. Didn't exactly ruin the night, but I can see how occasional fans might be put off returning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here