Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thanks Brighton and Hove Albion! I love this club of ours!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A few weeks ago, I was surprised and delighted to receive an email from the club saying that my youngest son had been selected to be a mascot for the Fulham game. Naturally he was very excited, and not to say a little nervous at the thought of leading the team out in front of 30000 odd people.

The team looking after the mascots were absolutely great ambassadors for the club, kind and helpful with the kids, and informative and reassuring to the parents.

Luke loved every minute of the experience, looking sharp in new kit, he trained at the side of the pitch, joked with Ritchie Reynolds and had his hair badly messed up by Gully. He walked out proudly to Sussex by the sea with Dale Stephens who incidentally produced an outstanding performance.

We enjoyed our complimentary snacks and drinks at half time although the footballing feast the players served up was more than enough to sate our appetite!

The only slight downer, for me, was our close proximity to the Fulham bench, which meant I had to be a little more reserved than usual. Luke remarked that it was the quietest he'd ever heard me at a football match.

The evening was perfect for me and for my son. I congratulate the club for their organisation and their choice of staff. The fact that Luke's big day was enhanced by the brilliant performance of the team made things even more special, oh, and the fact that the great Inigo Calderon winked at me TWICE! I genuinely love this club, thanks so much to Brighton and Hove Albion for giving our family some really special memories!

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
And to think that if you'd gone with the prevalent herd mentality at Cradle Hill School Jon your son could have been walking out at Anfield or Old Trafford instead. Honestly, some parents!

:wink:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The handing down of the blue and white blood from generation to generation is truly a wonderful thing.
Indeed, and given that Luke was born in Toxteth, his footballing allegiances may have swung another way were it not for the power of the blood!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here