Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think the shoreham air crash has played a major part in our season ???

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
I honestly think this tragedy has had massive impact on the players . The morale between the players seems brilliant and they all seem together .

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Personally, and without infringing on those that have lost people close to them, I don't think tragedy and death has played a part, no.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I honestly think this tragedy has had massive impact on the players . The morale between the players seems brilliant and they all seem together .

Interesting point that I have also pondered upon, but I really do not know.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm confused, with respect to the victims in the incident, how would this effect the players mindset or togetherness? Unless I'm misunderstanding.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think it probably has had an effect. Those players drive past the disaster site every day, the tribute at The Amex was moving and it was just after the disaster that Dunk committed to the Albion.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not a major part, but probably a part.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think it must have contributed to the overall sense of 'togetherness' across everyone connected with the club from top to bottom, which has probably had a degree of impact in turn on how the players are committed (and therefore performing). The rescue services were at the training centre for many weeks after the event weren't they ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not sure but i can say for sure i have never seen a squad of Brighton players as together as this bunch , when we score the whole bench is up not just the 11 on the pitch , i like the way the scorer makes a beeline for the subs , what showed our togetherness on the pitch for me so far more than anything was when Goldson was injured and the ref decided to play on , of course within his right , but when the ball became dead pretty much the whole team on the pitch set after the ref Benny Hill stylee , i dont know the real reason we are so tight this season and frankly my dear , i just hope it sees us across the line and into the top flight next season .

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Yes ,we discussed this pre game yesterday and all our group agread it has united our club.

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
For me, it has has probably had a slight effect on the club's players and staff, which is completely reasonable. However, I would imagine that they would be more focused on playing football and trying to fulfil our primary ambitions this season. On the other hand, I think the disaster had a MASSIVE effect on the fans, because not only were many of them affiliated with the victims of the crash, but it made everyone realise that perhaps football is just a game and no matter what happens at the end of the season, we can be proud about it if we have players who put a massive shift in.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yes it did.
After dropping that Nike slogan from last year we adopted #together. The aircrash came at a time where the club were playing well and who knows, could have gone on winning. But the crash bought us all #together as one and made us feel a part of a big club. In the same way that BZ boosted tickets although he has done little (very important goals accepted), it is his presence that gave the club a feeling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here