Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern railway train service tonight

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
After queuing at Brighton for 45 minutes this evening for one of many delayed trains I've given up and headed home to
Southampton as I was going to miss the 1st half. Is the service for evening games always this poor? I saw 1 train depart whilst waiting which was 4 carriages long. It seems that Southern were totally uunprepared as I guess Fulham brought a decent size following tonight. Rant Over :(

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
After queuing at Brighton for 45 minutes this evening for one of many delayed trains I've given up and headed home to
Southampton as I was going to miss the 1st half. Is the service for evening games always this poor? I saw 1 train depart whilst waiting which was 4 carriages long. It seems that Southern were totally uunprepared as I guess Fulham brought a decent size following tonight. Rant Over :(

Shit. At least we are winning :)

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Pretty shambolic tonight at Brighton station. Many trains were only 3 carriages long. Most left late due to drivers not being available or ready on time. Hope the club can claim some money back off southern.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I nearly got the train. Luckily I drive even if it took over 2 hours on the m25 alone. Great score so far. However the performance in the first half hue was pretty frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Really do sympathise, that must be gutting. Maybe a cab if one could be found, or a stroll way from the station if none around? I promise it is not always like that, shame on the rail operator and the apparent lies from BT Police.......

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Saw a lot of blue lights, hope everyone is ok

Club Statement regarding Rail problems going to match was ok, but not the getting to match earlier bit. People are arriving at brighton station nearly 1hour 30 mins, and still can't get to match.

Something needs to be sorted for night games NOW!.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Southern are an absolute shambles, what is it exactly they are supposed to do? Oh yeah run trains on their tracks to a designated time. Why are these companies allowed to get away with a completely shambolic service on a monopolised transport system?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Saw a lot of blue lights, hope everyone is ok

Whilst I was waiting on the west bound platform could see that the paramedics were giving CPR to someone on the east bound platform. It didn't look good and put tonight's result into perspective. Fingers crossed

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In the modern age of radios and stewarding had the stewards told people in the queue the reason why nobody was being let on the platform before the train came in everybody would have understood.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Club Statement regarding Rail problems going to match was ok, but not the getting to match earlier bit. People are arriving at brighton station nearly 1hour 30 mins, and still can't get to match.

the thing is, you can only get so many trains down the line. apparently fewer than you'd think due to signalling. at the weekend they squeeze some extra services and have the rolling stock available for longer trains. evening games, i dont think there's much can be done unless the club buy some carriages.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shambles tonight, nearly kicked off at 20.05. Lots of mis-information and staff being sarcastic, bad attitudes towards angry fans

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Absolute disgrace we turned up at 19.15 the next train that left was 20.10 - missed both first half goals

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Arrived at Brighton station an hour before kick off. Queue was out of the station. A short walk to the bottom of the hill, a bus and a relaxed pre-match pint - works for me.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
the thing is, you can only get so many trains down the line. apparently fewer than you'd think due to signalling. at the weekend they squeeze some extra services and have the rolling stock available for longer trains. evening games, i dont think there's much can be done unless the club buy some carriages.

The other thing is while I wait for my train is I can see two trains cancelled due to staff shortages. That reeks of poor planning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here