Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live & legal audio stream available

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Thanks for that - surprisingly it works OK in the States, normally gets kicked out and you need to go through a VPN

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Years ago I remembered BBC Radio London had an evening Albion match online(Charlton?) when they weren't supposed to, so more out of desperation than hope I tried it..... and it's working!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_london

Thanks for that - surprisingly it works OK in the States, normally gets kicked out and you need to go through a VPN

Is this likely to work for the game tonight?
Forget it, have just looked at tonight's commentary match, bloody Dagenham v Wimbledon.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01tdhcm

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Can someone explain why they switch the radio commentaries off for matches?

It is infuriating (I know I should subscribe to player) and i cannot understand why when all around the country people pay the TV licence and would hope to have services we pay for available? It's off that it isn't all the time and only for sport, so I assume the football league are to blame somewhere?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

It is infuriating (I know I should subscribe to player) and i cannot understand why when all around the country people pay the TV licence and would hope to have services we pay for available? It's off that it isn't all the time and only for sport, so I assume the football league are to blame somewhere?

Player has probably paid millions for the rights so they need you to pay your bit to get their money back, to be fair its good value, was watching Chris's press conference on it this morning on it - building up the excitement

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Player has probably paid millions for the rights so they need you to pay your bit to get their money back, to be fair its good value, was watching Chris's press conference on it this morning on it - building up the excitement

I guess so - but I am sure this was happening years ago when i was still at school. And player wasn't around then - I don't think

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just for the record, the Albion match was the Radio London commentary match and Ruislip pooh-poohed my advice without even borrowing to the click the hyperlink shoved right under his nose.

I bow down to superior radio knowledge, but the Dagenham game was the featured commentary game, even on the radio player :)

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

I expect so. The BBC line is that they're not allowed to broadcast their coverage overseas, and as iPlayer can be accessed overseas, they don't broadcast it on iPlayer. But that doesn't explain why, when they block overseas IPs from accessing iPlayer's TV content, they don't do similar for the radio.

Perhaps we can after all, when in 2016, football transfers' paperwork still needs FAXING ffs, lay the Luddite blame at the door of The Greatest Game on Earth ©

(Though why some commentaries get through, I have no idea...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here