Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR 'belong in the Premier League, not the Championship'

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
QPR were always a 3rd division outfit in the bad old days (the dark age before Sky)

1066gull

Hope they go down to league 1 soon then 😂

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
QPR? Two Bob, 'not worth that' to coin a phrase.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Going on a little scouting mission tomorrow, Cardiff v QPR, looking forward to seeing how dire they really are.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Going on a little scouting mission tomorrow, Cardiff v QPR, looking forward to seeing how dire they really are.
My son got some comps from his junior team so we went and had a look at Cardiff v QPR.

The conclusion was that this was a typical end of season nothing match, both teams huffing and puffing but basically dialling it in and counting the days until they could go on holiday. Overall Cardiff created the better chances but it was really all about going through the motions and avoiding injury.

QPR set up with a 4-2-3-1 formation with a big blonde donkey leading the line (Polter) but other than one shot from the Rangers number 7 (Phillips I think) they really didn't threaten.

Noone started for Cardiff but looked a shadow of the player he was (at times) for us. He'd be a long way 5th. choice of our wingers if he was still here.

If QPR turn up with the same lack of intensity on Tuesday we should beat them by a couple.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Can't help feeling a little aggrieved that Charlie Austin was injured for most of the first half of the season, came back, scored twice against us, then got injured again and was sold to Southampton in the window without so much as another goal. Damn them!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
My son got some comps from his junior team so we went and had a look at Cardiff v QPR.

The conclusion was that this was a typical end of season nothing match, both teams huffing and puffing but basically dialling it in and counting the days until they could go on holiday. Overall Cardiff created the better chances but it was really all about going through the motions and avoiding injury.

QPR set up with a 4-2-3-1 formation with a big blonde donkey leading the line (Polter) but other than one shot from the Rangers number 7 (Phillips I think) they really didn't threaten.

Noone started for Cardiff but looked a shadow of the player he was (at times) for us. He'd be a long way 5th. choice of our wingers if he was still here.

If QPR turn up with the same lack of intensity on Tuesday we should beat them by a couple.

Thanks for your report. I'm surprised that Cardiff were going through the motions. Probably until today's draw, they had an outside chance of snatching 6th place from Wednesday 😀. They had another decent crowd again today too; about 27k?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Thanks for your report. I'm surprised that Cardiff were going through the motions. Probably until today's draw, they had an outside chance of snatching 6th place from Wednesday ��. They had another decent crowd again today too; about 27k?

me too,considering they play Sheff Wed in a couple of weeks time

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thanks for your report. I'm surprised that Cardiff were going through the motions. Probably until today's draw, they had an outside chance of snatching 6th place from Wednesday . They had another decent crowd again today too; about 27k?
Lethargic all around. The 28k fans were subdued, the douzen QPR fans who fancied a sing song serenaded us with their complete England repertoire. Cardiff perked up a bit at the end but it was pretty much a preseason type game.

We'll be alright on Tuesday.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If every team who 'belonged in the premier league' was actually in it then the league would be double the size it is

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here