Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton & 'Boro

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Looking on OneBoro, the Middlesbro' fans are talking about how many they can increase their goal difference by tomorrow lunchtime.

This is understandable given that Bolton are relegated, haven't taken a point from their last five matches and have taken some sound beatings along the way. Bolton's possession stats and shots ratio in those games is appalling. Meanwhile 'Boro have won five in a row. Bolton are 9-1 for the win and 4-1 to get a draw in a two horse race.

However:

Both of these runs have to end some time;
Bolton's players will have been working hard to ensure that the humiliating display against Derby is not repeated;
The pressure to survive has lifted from Bolton;
Bolton players may be looking to put themselves in the shop window;
'Boro's wins have mostly been close;
4 out of 5 of 'Boro's run have been home games and this is away;
'Boro have lost away to Charlton & Rotherham and only took a point from Milton Keynes;
'Boro are playing Burnley next and will have to put this to one side and focus.

My view is obviously riddled with confirmation bias and the result will be fairly irrelevant if we don't win tonight to keep up the pressure, but I have a nagging feeling that there may be an upset tomorrow. Feel free to bump when 'Boro win 6-0.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
There will be at least one more "WTF?!" result this season. I'm thinking like our utter drubbing at Cardiff - losing there might not be ridiculous, but the manner was well out of character with our form just before and since. It could be Bolton getting something from Boro; it could just as easily be us losing at home to Fulham tonight.

Would (obviously) love it if you're proved right though.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There will be at least one more "WTF?!" result this season. I'm thinking like our utter drubbing at Cardiff - losing there might not be ridiculous, but the manner was well out of character with our form just before and since. It could be Bolton getting something from Boro; it could just as easily be us losing at home to Fulham tonight.

Would (obviously) love it if you're proved right though.

Please dont let it be us :ffsparr:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Looking on OneBoro, the Middlesbro' fans are talking about how many they can increase their goal difference by tomorrow lunchtime.

This is understandable given that Bolton are relegated, haven't taken a point from their last five matches and have taken some sound beatings along the way. Bolton's possession stats and shots ratio in those games is appalling. Meanwhile 'Boro have won five in a row. Bolton are 9-1 for the win and 4-1 to get a draw in a two horse race.

However:

Both of these runs have to end some time;
Bolton's players will have been working hard to ensure that the humiliating display against Derby is not repeated;
The pressure to survive has lifted from Bolton;
Bolton players may be looking to put themselves in the shop window;
'Boro's wins have mostly been close;
4 out of 5 of 'Boro's run have been home games and this is away;
'Boro have lost away to Charlton & Rotherham and only took a point from Milton Keynes;
'Boro are playing Burnley next and will have to put this to one side and focus.

My view is obviously riddled with confirmation bias and the result will be fairly irrelevant if we don't win tonight to keep up the pressure, but I have a nagging feeling that there may be an upset tomorrow. Feel free to bump when 'Boro win 6-0.

I think I'm with you on this, but it is not a two-horse race. There may well be two teams playing, but there are three possible outcomes.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Given your username, I feel compelled to point out that Bolton v Boro is a 3 horse race as far as betting is concerned.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think I'm with you on this, but it is not a two-horse race. There may well be two teams playing, but there are three possible outcomes.

Given your username, I feel compelled to point out that Bolton v Boro is a 3 horse race as far as betting is concerned.

Fair point well made by both of you.

I must admit to no expertise in stats. My username is Stato only because the first thing I ever felt compelled to post was to do with the statistics of cards awarded in our games. I felt a bit of a spod and so adopted an approximation of Angus Loughran's nickname from the old Fantasy Football shows.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've given up worrying about the others for now, or trying to predict their results. Will only start doing that again IF we don't get maximum points from the next 4 and then see what we need at Boro. One game at a time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here