Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skybet Championship Promotion Predictor.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Sorry if this has been poster somewhere else, I know we had a calculator a while back but this is an easy, win draw win selection and it gives you the outcome.
What final standings do you get?

https://www.skybet.com/cms/promotion-predictor.shtm

image.png

Smiley Miley

Jan 16, 2015
Felpham
Why would Burnley be 11/1 to win the play offs?

# Team Pts
1 Middlesbrough 95 Winner1/2
2 Brighton 88 To Be Promoted1/1
3 Burnley 86 To Win the Play-Offs11/1
4 Hull 86 To Win the Play-Offs2/1

If teams are tied at the top of the league, the Champions will be decided by goal difference.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

# Team Pts
2 Brighton 88 To Be Promoted1/1
3 Burnley 86 To Win the Play-Offs11/1
4 Hull 86 To Win the Play-Offs2/1

If teams are tied at the top of the league, the Champions will be decided by goal difference.
Because the bookies think they're more likely to finish top 2.

Well played in the Masters btw. Shame about that final round.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Because they're pretty unlikely to even be in the playoffs (according to Skybet). Say roughly a 2/3 chance of finishing top two = 1/3 chance of playoffs, then a 1/4 chance of winning the playoff lottery when they get there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I got the same as you, despite Middlesbrough winning the final game, which is encouraging. It requires us beating Derby and Preston getting something from Burnley though.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Burnley @ 11 s as that is the odds now not if they end up in play offs

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I had us finishing 3rd, just behind Burnley on Goal Difference, after failing to get the point we need at Boro.

I had Burnley winning at Birmingham, given that Leeds managed to win there. There are plenty of posts/threads on here saying we'll be promoted at Charlton or v Derby, but I can't see anything other than us needing something on the last day - and that's if (big if) we do the business in the next few games.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I got the same as you, despite Middlesbrough winning the final game, which is encouraging. It requires us beating Derby and Preston getting something from Burnley though.

I did it a couple of times, like you say, we need to win the next 4 and hope either 2 of Preston, Birmingham or QPR can take points off Burnley. I had us losing at Boro but still going up.

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
This was mine .... Your predictions leave the final league table looking like this.

# Team Pts
2 Brighton 90 To Be Promoted1/1
3 Burnley 87 To Win the Play-Offs11/1
4 Hull 82 To Win the Play-Offs2/1

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Boro 91
Burn 88
BHA 88

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
1 Middlesbrough 91 Winner 1/2
2 Burnley 89 To Be Promoted 1/5
3 Brighton 89 To Win the Play-Offs 4/1

I may have been a little over-generous to Burnley with their predicted results, and I've got us down as drawing at Boro. If the final game did arrive with us needing a win to be sure of going up, it could the season climax to end all season climaxes ... Hope it's all done by then, but you know what this league is like ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here