Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert's Honest Endeavour

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've noticed that when he gets into the box with his cunning dribbling and skills, he does not go down like a Zaha, Bolasie or Pilkington attempting to get a penalty kick.

Rather than resulting in us missing out on penalties, this honest endeavour has resulted in at least three goals including the late winner at Forest. He has had plenty of opportunity to 'dive', but he does not take them.

Bravo I say!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Try telling that to a Watford fan......

Indeed. Much as I love him as a player these days I do remember watching that and uttering a fair few expletives, which soon turned to laughter.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep - changed his ways since that play off game it seems. Didn't endear himself to me that day but he's been absolute class since he's joined us, very honest and seems to be very popular with the other players. Learnt his lesson after that Watford game maybe...?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
He'll dive like 99% of players if he thinks it will win us the game and increase our chances of promotion. Of that I have no doubt.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
He'll dive like 99% of players if he thinks it will win us the game and increase our chances of promotion. Of that I have no doubt.

???

He had the perfect opportunity to go down against Forest on the 90th minute which would have won a penalty.
Instead he opted to stay on his feet and play the game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure that most of the refs we have had recently are likely to give us a penalty. How many have we had this season?

Might explain why our players try not to go down. Can't imagine CH would be too impressed if our players went down easily either.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Noticed that he kissed the badge in front of the fans against Forest, let's hope he means it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here