Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trading Standards question

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Hi, my daughter bought a 5ltr tin of Fence Preserver in brown and used the tin up and bought another tin from the same online shop.
After applying the other tin and it was starting to dry the colour was a completely different colour and looked more green than brown.
It looks more like another colour they have in the range and looks like green shade preserver has been put into brown shade tins.
We have contacted the shop and they are contacting the supplier but just giving us a replacement tin isn't going to solve the problem as 2 bays of fencing are not going to match colourwise by painting over the top.
How should I play it as its not the shops fault its the supplier ??

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Hi, my daughter bought a 5ltr tin of Fence Preserver in brown and used the tin up and bought another tin from the same online shop.
After applying the other tin and it was starting to dry the colour was a completely different colour and looked more green than brown.
It looks more like another colour they have in the range and looks like green shade preserver has been put into brown shade tins.
We have contacted the shop and they are contacting the supplier but just giving us a replacement tin isn't going to solve the problem as 2 bays of fencing are not going to match colourwise by painting over the top.
How should I play it as its not the shops fault its the supplier ??

Answering only the question you asked, the shop is liable. They sold you the product. They then will have a claim against the manufacturer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
wheres the trading standards question? sounds like an honest cock up which they are trying to address with the correct colour.

if you are anlging for compensation for using the paint... i dont think saying you couldn't tell the green wasn't brown will go far.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Im not angling for any compo.
All we want is he fence the same colour.
its PRESERVER not paint you can't cover over the wrong colour
just replacing the tin with the right colour wont cover the other colour already applied.
regarding the colour , the preserver goes on the same whatever colour it is and you cant see until its dryed

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure it is a trading standards thing. Need to deal with the retailer as your contract is with them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here