Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off Semi Final Dates (asking for a friend from Burnley)

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
Clearly these will (hopefully!) not be of any consequence to us:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/ne...ky-bet-football-league-play-offs-2998120.aspx

But...I am worrying about a work trip out of the country on Friday 13th and whether I could be back in time (if needed, which hopefully it won't be!) - does anyone know how they determine which is Match A/Match B and who plays home/away first. My gut feel is that 3rd place is Match A with the home leg second, but I'm not sure.

Anyone know?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Don't the evil Sky decide when they know which teams are in each ?

Home leg 2nd for 3rd and 4th placed teams though.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I also have a company function on Friday 13th. It begins at 8pm and will go on until midnight. Can't get out of it. At least the teams that finish 3rd or 4th are away in the first leg. Not that any of this matters as we are probably going up as Champions.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Its up to Sky.

I am sure they will take into account the distance the fans need to travel and the kick off time.:lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The Football League decide the dates. Their website says

The provisional schedule for the 2015/16 Sky Bet Football League Play-Offs has been confirmed.
The Play-Off Semi-Finals will take place between 12th and 20th May, with the Finals then being staged at Wembley on 28th, 29th and 30th May.

Here's the Sky Bet Football League Play-Off schedule in full:

Sky Bet Championship – Match A
Leg 1: Friday 13th May (7.45pm)
Leg 2: Monday 16th May (7.45pm)

Sky Bet Championship – Match B
Leg 1: Saturday 14th May (12.30pm)
Leg 2: Tuesday 17th May (7.45pm)

http://www.football-league.co.uk/ne...ue-play-offs-2998120.aspx#dQ7AXO3JJ517wqMp.99

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
I reckon those dates will be pretty much kept to subject to the police getting involved. Looking at the potential teams involved I don't see any reason why they would change any of these dates. Is there anything going on in Brighton on those dates that PC Balkham might be worried about? That would be the only reason for changing these dates.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I reckon those dates will be pretty much kept to subject to the police getting involved. Looking at the potential teams involved I don't see any reason why they would change any of these dates. Is there anything going on in Brighton on those dates that PC Balkham might be worried about? That would be the only reason for changing these dates.
The dates won't be changed, but evil sky will decide whether 3rd v 6th is match A or match B.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sounded right in my head at the time but can see the error of my ways. Thanks for pointing it out and making me look like a :dunce: :thumbsup:

Don't worry - he could have pointed out the split infinitive too, but chose not to. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here