Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pet Hates

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
Two of mine already experienced this morning...

1. Grown men pulling rucksacks/mini suitcases. Unless its gold bullion in there, there's no excuse for the noise and carnage you are causing behind you. Carry it.

2. People eating on the train. If I'm expected to join you for breakfast then please ensure you bring enough for two and be sure to offer me some. Otherwise please don't pollute my immediate vicinity with your noise and smells.

Happy Friday all! UTA.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I take it you bored on the train to work?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

1. Grown men pulling rucksacks/mini suitcases. Unless its gold bullion in there, there's no excuse for the noise and carnage you are causing behind you. Carry it.

2. People eating on the train. If I'm expected to join you for breakfast then please ensure you bring enough for two and be sure to offer me some. Otherwise please don't pollute my immediate vicinity with your noise and smells.

Happy Friday all! UTA.

You missed out the guys jogging to the station in trainers and suit. So fragrant to sit or stand next to on public transport for an hour.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have you really never eaten on a train? Some people have busy lives and may not have a choice. I agree that one should avoid particularly smelly items though.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
People who put their bags on a seat, or sit in the outside seat on a bus, making it difficult to get past and to the free seat.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
The overuse of the word 'like'. A very American thing which is finding it's way in to our culture. I would say it's a youth thing but my middle aged brother uses it far too much (he's lived in yank land for over 40 years).

"We like went to the Baseball today. The Yankees won like 8-5".

"LIKE 8-5, what was it, 9-5 / 8-6?"

"No it was 8-5"

"Well ****ing SAY 8-5 then"

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
One of mine has been piqued this morning.

Guy sitting opposite me on the train insisted on putting his rucksack on the floor in from of him thus invading my leg space.

Why can't people use the overhead racks? I promise no one wants to steal your pile of crap.

Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have you really never eaten on a train? Some people have busy lives and may not have a choice. I agree that one should avoid particularly smelly items though.

Try getting a late train out of London, particularly on a Thursday or Friday night - the wafting combination of smells from Burger King and hot cornish pasties plus the constant crunching and rustling of massive packets of crisps doesn't always make for a pleasant journey unless it's me with the pasty, obviously :)

On the subject of rucksacks (and handbags), people who get on crowded trains and tubes with them on their backs or over their shoulders, failing to realise that they stick out a lot and bashing everyone with them.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You missed out the guys jogging to the station in trainers and suit. So fragrant to sit or stand next to on public transport for an hour.

People who NAP the shortest priced horse on a card?:annoyed:

I will add to that people who cant que properly, leaving big gaps in front of them.

Middle class fashion politics where the poor are expected to help pay the bill.

ie
Food poverty

Organic farming and opposition to GM crops

Fuel Poverty
Advocating substandard alternatives like solar and wind rather than Hydro-electric or Geothermal, Carbon taxes etc

Health and wage poverty

Anti-vaxxination and Woo peddling and mass immigration.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Happy Friday all! UTA.

So us unfortunates who have back problems have to carry our lap top bags that have two lap tops in them, then do we? with two power chargers, assorted writing pads diary, pens, lunch, water bottle......

My wheelie pilots bag is brilliant and meant I can continue to take stuff to places I need to go. Sorry I have inconvenienced your perfect life.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Moving Saturday football matches to Friday or Monday for Sky tv.
Not that impressed with the reason tonight's match isn't tomorrow :nono: should have asked for an away game this weekend, if putting out the cones for the marathon clashes with a football match 3 miles away.

Cross breed dogs called some made up name and sold for hundreds.

The A259 through Newhaven.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
People who eat crisps near me.
People who eat apples near me.
People who eat anything 'crunchy' near me.
People who eat with their mouths open.
People who talk with their mouths full.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here