Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Day out in Laaandan- what to see, for free / cheap?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was up around Leicester Square earlier in the week. M&M World is strangely compelling. A nice all you can eat buffet in Chinatown will set you up for the day, and possibly the day after also. National Portrait Gallery is free, not sure about the National Gallery.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The British, Science, V&A, Natural History and Imperial War Museums are all free.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For some of the most spectacular views in London I highly recommend booking a slot at Sky Garden, on the top floor of the Walkie Talkie building. It's totally free for groups of up to six people, you just have to pre-book a timed slot and bring along photo id for each person. The views are stunning.

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
Or delay your visit until November during the Lord Mayor's Parade, which is free, and lots of venues in the City of London offer reduced or free entry and it all finishes with a free firework display.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
National Gallery and Portrait Galley are still free I think just a quick walk to Trafalgar Square. Bit of a longer stroll, but a nice one nonetheless taking in some of the historic parts is a walk along the Thames past Shakespeare's Globe to the Tate Modern.

heathgate

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 13, 2015
a walk around borough market (it's all food and lots of free samples) then Camden market, they do Henna just over the bridge in Camden lock
It's a major bun fight on Sat mornings... seriously.... you will feel like you are in the queue heading for a Falmer bound train on match day.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The British, Science, V&A, Natural History and Imperial War Museums are all free.

If you are hard hearted/skint. They ask for a donation.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Was up around Leicester Square earlier in the week. M&M World is strangely compelling. A nice all you can eat buffet in Chinatown will set you up for the day, and possibly the day after also. National Portrait Gallery is free, not sure about the National Gallery.

Oh my lord. This is so day-tripper central. Is that really the limit of your horizons? FFS.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oh my lord. This is so day-tripper central. Is that really the limit of your horizons? FFS.

Of COURSE that's not the limit of my horizons Mr Snobby McSnobface. I also visited The Moon Under Water in Leicester Square. It's a Wetherspoons. You'd hate it.

You are Director of the Brighton Fringe and I claim my free prize :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
its not free,but is certainly cheap.......and best value for money to see some of the best parts of London
£6 ish for a single,....discount if have a network railcard

get the river boat/taxi from embankment to greenwich.......see alll the wonderful buildings on the thames.
there is a bar on board if you like a tipple on the water.

http://www.thamesclippers.com/

growing numbers using it for charlton cant be wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here