Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool fans had belief, will we?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Liverpool needed 4 goals in the second half and the fans didn't give in. Can we cheer our team on when we're up against it? Can we be the twelfth man?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
In fairness it went quiet both times when Dortmund scored their 2nd and 3rd but Liverpool replied very quickly. They do have belief on European nights that they can turn deficits around. Incredible tonight. I hope we have enough belief in us. After all this team we have, has shown enough belief. We owe it to them to be noisey no matter what.

el punal

It doesn't matter which football team you support, when the chips are down or when you're challenging for success (like us), what happens on the pitch will determine the mood of the crowd.

Play fast flowing, attractive, football and scoring goals will have the fans behind the team, obviously. But it's when the team are struggling that the isolated incidents can really spur the crowd on. For example, the last ditch all or nothing, totally committed tackle; the mazy, beat three opponents with the ball run; losing possession and fighting to win the ball back; hitting the post or crossbar with a thirty yard screamer.

If the team show PASSION then so will the fans, and respond accordingly. Which is exactly how we, the Albion, both as team and fans will show in the next five games. :albion2:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Brighton fans although more than capable of raising the roof have an inbuilt assumption that it's all going to go tits up and this season, being so close to some major success is the worst I have felt since FA Cup and Hereford.
I am trying to be positive but the old guts are like a washing machine.
I think our fans have done a great job considering the nerves, but we do have a very good squad.
I think people are now looking at the last game and bricking it if it does not go our way on the last day and so into the lottery of the play offs where we have failed twice.

Sent from my toilet, with nerves all down the back of the pan.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have every belief.

We will win. I just know it.

I'm nervous, but with excitement. I have no idea on the score, but we will win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Good thread. My view (which is informed by where I sit, on the south side of WSU) is that our home fans owe the team one -- the atmosphere and support is never less than electric away from home -- and that means attempting to pick the team up if/when things aren't going too well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It doesn't matter which football team you support, when the chips are down or when you're challenging for success (like us), what happens on the pitch will determine the mood of the crowd.
If the team show PASSION then so will the fans, and respond accordingly.
It's a two way street. Yes, the performance on the pitch affects the mood of the fans, but the atmosphere we create also affects how the players play, so we can help if we dig deep even when, as Raleigh Chopper puts it, our guts are like a washing machine.

I am trying to be positive but the old guts are like a washing machine.
Indeed, sometimes it's not easy to cheer the team on, we just have to try.

Good thread.
Thanks, I've been working up to a good one.

the atmosphere and support is never less than electric away from home -- and that means attempting to pick the team up if/when things aren't going too well.
Precisely.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Play fast flowing, attractive, football and scoring goals will have the fans behind the team, obviously. But it's when the team are struggling that the isolated incidents can really spur the crowd on. For example, the last ditch all or nothing, totally committed tackle; the mazy, beat three opponents with the ball run; losing possession and fighting to win the ball back; hitting the post or crossbar with a thirty yard screamer.

If the team show PASSION then so will the fans, and respond accordingly. Which is exactly how we, the Albion, both as team and fans will show in the next five games. :albion2:
Absolutely. Albion fans, like all others, can be as loud as any. the game that will always stick in my mind for this in the amex era, was the match against Burnley a few years ago, when two were sent off. The crowd was incensed at this, and really willed the team on, and we would have drawn, had CMS not shot straight at the keeper late on . . .

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
For me there's something very fake about Klopp's whole persona that I can't quite put my finger on.

Yes and my brother-in-law lives near to Liverpool, in Formby (although he was born in Derby).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not really a fair comparison. Come back when we've spent fifty years in the top flight winning multiple trophies with scores of pulsating triumphs and comebacks in massive matches to our name...

Our collective belief and passion is where it should be for what we are.

The Amex will be amazing tonight if we play well and win. If we don't win but play well, fight hard, and there is plenty of incident then it will still be really good and support will be strong. If for some reason we weren't very good and the football was poor or against us then the atmosphere would go flat quite easily.

Lots of people will leave before the end in any event... :)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Fans at the game will remain behind the team - the live support is usually good. On NSC however, I can guarantee that at least one poster in the official match thread will post 'oh well, play-offs it is then' or similar pessimistic words, if we concede. Just like there were when we let in an early goal at Brum (against the run of play) and then the equaliser at Forrest with 40 mins still to play.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
We're the East Stand, we're the East Stand, we're the....<stops> <looks around> :blush: As an East Stander, I will make a special effort to finish any chant tonight. COYS.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Don't think I can bear to go back on FB today, bin dipppers coming out of the woodwork after last night.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For me there's something very fake about Klopp's whole persona that I can't quite put my finger on.

Agreed.

I think he's noticed the way the press in this country gush and fawn over him and absolutely every little thing he does, rather like new parents coo-ing over their sprog, lapping up everything.

So now he's amplified that. He'll pull a funny face, he'll say "boom" into the camera, he'll mug and gurn on the touchline, he'll come out with a slightly odd one-liner. He's clearly a charismatic bloke, but he's actively turning it up to the max now because of the reception he receives for it. He's just loving all the attention and worship.

But it is all a bit of an act. Just like Wurzel and his post match stand-up comedy routines for the press, with his pre-prepared quips and observations. It does get tiresome quite quickly.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
...being so close to some major success is the worst I have felt since FA Cup and Hereford.

Spot on. It's the old 'it's the hope I can't stand' adage. This is nowhere, nowhere near as stressful as the tail-end of the Hereford season, but I'm nervous as hell, and it's excruciating watching at the moment. I've got a bad feeling about tonight. But I have a bad feeling before every game at the moment and the boys keep doing the business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here