Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Klopp, the next 'special' one!?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Love his enthusiasm for the game, well respected by other managers, players etc. And very entertaining press conferences and after-match interviews!
So it's a yes from me!

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Love his enthusiasm for the game, well respected by other managers, players etc. And very entertaining press conferences and after-match interviews!
So it's a yes from me!

All of this, love his reactions and what he says. Always honest too. Bit like CH but much more of an extrovert.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I like how he celebrates goals even though he's playing against his old club. The not celebrating thing has got a bit silly if you ask me.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He has a lot of respect over here from seemingly all areas of the football community. This is quite rare.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So it's a yes from me!

Quite. He just seems an all round decent chap to me. Love heavy metal as well....but then most Germans do.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He seems very likeable, and is building his team. He needs a string of successes to be a Special One, which may happen.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
As said on other thread, there's just something about him that screams 'fake'

I can sort of see where you're coming from, he's certainly over the top, but I think that is just his love for football rather than any sort of acting. Who here hasn't gone absolutely mental when celebrating goals or victories? He is like an irrational fan in that regard.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I also get the impression that although he comes across as a nice guy, he takes no shit whatsoever.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I love him.

He gets it completely - the players, the game, the fans, the club, the heritage.

He respects the story of the club and at the same time is looking to the future.

He is the master orchestrator.

He is not the special one because he would look at such a moniker and laugh. That makes him genuine (and maybe a bit special).

If Calde became a great manager. He'd be like Klopp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On face value he seems to be a naturally exuberant and overtly passionate personality, but it all feels a bit staged for the cameras and crowd. I may be way off the mark of course.

He's been like this for years/decades though. It's some hoax?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
He's been like this for years/decades though. It's some hoax?

Absolutely fair enough, but you can't tell me that such histrionics don't come with some degree of awareness, no matter how small, some degree of 'playing to the front row'. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for personality rather than a dour faced Alan Pardew type.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here