Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potential situation with Man City, Bayern Munich, the Champions League and Pep Guardeiola

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's an interesting point Bobby, but
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7366602 said:
Now what a strange situation we'd have on our hands in that case. With Pep in charge of Bayern for the last time before taking over City he knows that should his Bayern team beat City he will not personally be managing in the Champions League next season.
Why would he be interested in managing in the Champions League next season - answer, because he'll want a chance of winning it. So you're suggesting he'll deliberately not win it this year, so that he has an unlikely shot of winning it next year.

Can you imagine the fallout in Germany if Bayern failed to turn up in the final and meekly folded to the City slickers?
As has been said, it's the players that either try or don't. What's he going to do, tell the players to take it easy? I think they'd find that a bit weird.

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
Now I like the sub-sub plot, united steel 4th on last day of season and celebrate champions league football. Liverpool and City then both win in Europe meaning united miss out. Imagine how United fans would feel! Almost as amusing if it were West Ham, would love to see Ms Brady's face as it developed. Still think city will finish 4th and won't win cl so not really likely.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ultimately, it's the eleven players on the pitch who'd actually need to fold. I can't see many of them sharing Pep's viewpoint in your scenario.

you say that, but i can think of a game were the manager seem to have lost interest in a once in a generation game, the team didnt perform as well as they should and had only a few days before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here