Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Somewhere to eat - Lewes Road

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Wanted to meet my son for dinner tomorrow before the match. He lives near the Franklin Arms on Lewes Road and despite being Brighton born and Bred I can't think of a single place round that way where we could get a sit down meal and a bottle of wine. Any suggestions ?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Wanted to meet my son for dinner tomorrow before the match. He lives near the Franklin Arms on Lewes Road and despite being Brighton born and Bred I can't think of a single place round that way where we could get a sit down meal and a bottle of wine. Any suggestions ?

If you travel to Lewes plenty of places to eat and travel back to Amex much less queueing than from west.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If you travel to Lewes plenty of places to eat and travel back to Amex much less queueing than from west.

This. Lewes Road is takeaway central and there's not much there (there are three restaurants at the bottom of Elm Grove - an Italian, Chinese and Indian but the latter two aren't great)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
'Wrong Direction' lives opposite the Franklin :ohmy:
I'm sure he could rustle up some beans on toast (not necessarily on the same plate tho) :moo:
I could bring down a nice New Zealand's Finest :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
is that decent turkish place still open?

No, it's been replaced by the Italian gaff I mentioned earlier. Not been to the Italian but the Turkish place was rather good. The fish and chip shop near there is excellent though ... but no good for a sit-down meal

Oct 25, 2003
No, it's been replaced by the Italian gaff I mentioned earlier. Not been to the Italian but the Turkish place was rather good. The fish and chip shop near there is excellent though ... but no good for a sit-down meal

big shame as it was a decent place for a posh kebab

in which case you're struggling for decent lewes road places....give london road a go

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I also live a minute away from the Franklin Pub, just up the hill from it. The Turkish place was brilliant, shame it closed down and so has the Italian place! It's currently being turned into a sit-down Indian restaurant. The shop next door is now a cafe, looks nice but I prefer greasy spoon cafes.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I also live a minute away from the Franklin Pub, just up the hill from it. The Turkish place was brilliant, shame it closed down and so has the Italian place! It's currently being turned into a sit-down Indian restaurant. The shop next door is now a cafe, looks nice but I prefer greasy spoon cafes.

OMG you and Wrong Direction are neighbours:p

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Turkish place was brilliant, shame it closed down and so has the Italian place! .

Hell it has ... it was only open for a few months. That's the shortest lived business I've ever heard of

blue-afro-man

Nov 25, 2013

Also live 50m up the hill from the Franklin

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Not too far from the Park Crescent which does a jolly decent steak.

Not that keen on the Badger beers myself but if you're after vino then I'm sure you'd be well catered to

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Try Carlito Burrito at St Peters . A mexican. Great food.

love this , there is also Dina's Kitchen a portuguese restaurant a few doors down thats pretty good. Limited menu but lovely portuguese food

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here