Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Say we DO get promoted (yes I know) which players would we keep?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Potential to compete in the Premiership?

Stockdale
Dunk
Goldson
Bong
Kayal
Knockaert

Borderline:
Stephens
Murphy
Lua Lua
Marsh (depends on how he comes back from injury)
Bruno (possibly too old and slow?)
Baldock

Others?

Quite a lot to buy I suspect.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Very bad karma to be binning players in a promotion run in.

Can't we wait the 3 - 6 weeks before it becomes reality ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Definitely keep, but not necessarily play as first choice;

Stockdale, Walton
Bruno, Greer, Hünemeier, Dunk, Bong, Goldson, Rosenior
Stephens, Kayal, JFC, March, Knockaert, Towell, Skalak
Hemed, Zamora

The others just aren't good enough, even some of these mentioned above will need replacing after a season at that level if we were to go up, and stay up. I think the real problem is going to be getting shot of rubbish like Baldock. Elvis we can just loan out to someone, he might become a player at some stage. Ince would need loaning out again, JFC probably as well, maybe Towell too.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would keep every single one that has played a large part.
We just need to replace the 7 or 8 that are going with absolute quality. ( JFC, Ince, Crofts,Calderon,COG,Zamora,Wilson, Greer )
And specifically 2 top quality strikers. Hemed and Baldock would be my 3rd and 4th choice options up front.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am a little bit old fashioned and would keep the squad and allow them to prove themselves,allow them the reward of promotion and see how it goes...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I would keep most of them. They are a fine TEAM. We must not do a Wurzel and buy everyone that can walk, then try and make a team out of them.

Add another striker or 2, a central midfielder to compete with Stephens/Kayal, a right back and a centre back as Calde and Greer would not be able to cover sadly. But they all have to be good TEAM players, preferably experienced and leaders.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Why would we ruin the great spirit and camaraderie that we have in the squad? Of course we would need to strengthen but it definitely won't be a scattergun changing of the first 11.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This thread reminds me of a call I heard on Talksport (I know, my fault. I'm sorry), where a Leicester fan was COMPLAINING that the squad needed "drastic improvement" to cope with the Champions League next year.

Seriously. Worry about that shit later. Can no one enjoy the here and now anymore?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am a little bit old fashioned and would keep the squad and allow them to prove themselves,allow them the reward of promotion and see how it goes...

I agree with the sentiment but the problem there is if they do not make it, by January we could be in free fall and in the habit of losing, which would then be difficult to stop. I would sooner keep most as squad players but bring in 3 or 4 better quality players.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I agree with the sentiment but the problem there is if they do not make it, by January we could be in free fall and in the habit of losing, which would then be difficult to stop. I would sooner keep most as squad players but bring in 3 or 4 better quality players.

think your right..thinking about it

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I would keep most of them. They are a fine TEAM. We must not do a Wurzel and buy everyone that can walk, then try and make a team out of them.

Add another striker or 2, a central midfielder to compete with Stephens/Kayal, a right back and a centre back as Calde and Greer would not be able to cover sadly. But they all have to be good TEAM players, preferably experienced and leaders.

This is the right answer, although I'd probably add a left-back, and it'd have to be two strikers. And those we do buy will have to be top quality.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You are, and you can even be gracious in doing so.

Your ok in my book....that's enough now....the others! the others!

Edit:sorry thought was responding to [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION]

WhingForPresident

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Definitely keep, but not necessarily play as first choice;

Stockdale, Walton
Bruno, Greer, Hünemeier, Dunk, Bong, Goldson, Rosenior
Stephens, Kayal, JFC, March, Knockaert, Towell, Skalak
Hemed, Zamora

The others just aren't good enough, even some of these mentioned above will need replacing after a season at that level if we were to go up, and stay up. I think the real problem is going to be getting shot of rubbish like Baldock. Elvis we can just loan out to someone, he might become a player at some stage. Ince would need loaning out again, JFC probably as well, maybe Towell too.

Your hatred of Baldock is just bizarre and unjustified. To say you think there are better options would be fair enough if that's your opinion, but to say he is 'rubbish' is just plain wrong. Our team is much stronger with him in it, hence why Hughton plays him whenever he is fit and hence why we haven't lost a game he has started this season. How many has Hemed scored whilst Baldock hasn't been on the pitch this season? Not many, I know that much.

I wouldn't necessarily have him down as a regular starter in the PL but he would be a great squad player to have at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here