Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Player of the Year shortlist out today

WhingForPresident

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
FL are releasing the three-man Championship POTY shortlist at 2pm, voted for by managers of all the Championship clubs. Who do you reckon it'll be?

I'm thinking it'll be three of Gray, Barton, Ayala & Clayton.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Gray, McCormack, Alan Judge, Barton

Would be nice to see one of our lads in there but as a team who don't rely on one particular goal scorer/assist king I'm not sure who. Would be nice to see Kayal recognised and you'd hope other managers would spot his credentials when voting.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Gray, McCormack, Alan Judge, Barton

Would be nice to see one of our lads in there but as a team who don't rely on one particular goal scorer/assist king I'm not sure who. Would be nice to see Kayal recognised and you'd hope other managers would spot his credentials when voting.

I agree. Normally I'd be disappointed to not have any players on these lists (although I think Bruno and Kayal should be in the team of the year) but we don't have any "stars" as such, just a great squad.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gray / Kayal / Clayton

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
We don't have one outstanding player. It's been a massive team effort this season and you don't look at anyone and think "they are a star who wins matches by themselves" like someone like Andre Gray does

If it was an award for the best team of the season...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Andre Gray will probably win the award, but Kayal will be nominated. I would expect Heaton, Judge, McCormack and Ayala to be in the mix. Possibly a curve ball like Abel Hernandez.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
mute point as not been here most of season but if he was would Knockaert be in the running?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
mute point as not been here most of season but if he was would Knockaert be in the running?

He may have an outside chance

I wouldn't be surprised to see Warnock in the running as manager of the season. What he has done has been impressive. Very much like Leicester did last season... (checks odds for Rotherham to win the Championship next year)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here