Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Say we don't get promoted this season (yes I know, but just say)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Which players do you think other clubs would try to buy and would we sell?

Goldson
Dunk
Kayal
Knockaert

all leap out as the obvious ones, not sure there would be interest in anyone else, or not from anyone big enough to tempt them away.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I could see us losing 2 or 3 of them

And when you add in Crofts, JFC, Ince, Calderon, Wilson, Zamora and Sidwell probably wont be with us next season its quite a re-building job CH has again regardles of the division we are in.

I could aslo see GG going if he thinks he will have limited game time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
I could also see GG going if he thinks he will have limited game time.

I think he is passed it for the top end of this division. However if we lost Dunk and/or Goldson, would we replace with as good, or make do with Greer?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Teams would be sniffing around Stephens too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Players that could attract attention would include those mentioned plus Stockdale and Stephens whether or not they would want to leave is a different matter. If Dunk or Goldson left are Dallison or Rea ready to take the next step up or would we look at somebody like Ridgewell.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
These conjecture threads are ridiculous. Can't believe anyone is thinking beyond the next game. Worry about this shit if and when it happens.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Don't really want to think about that scenario!

I also hope the players are staying focussed on the job in hand (which I'm sure they are), and not getting distracted by transfer rumours etc.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Players that could attract attention would include those mentioned plus Stockdale and Stephens whether or not they would want to leave is a different matter. If Dunk or Goldson left are Dallison or Rea ready to take the next step up or would we look at somebody like Ridgewell.

Greer will be push 36 so he may be able to cover the occasional absence if Dunk/Goldson were injured or suspended. Let's not forget we have Uwe Hünemeier as well, he's 'only' 30.

I think we'd hold onto most of our names actually. Like we did with Dunk when the interest came.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
These conjecture threads are ridiculous. Can't believe anyone is thinking beyond the next game. Worry about this shit if and when it happens.

Not ridiculous at all.
Chances are we will probably be in this dvision next season, as much as I want us to go up.
I would expect our transfer team as it were are already looking at both scenarios so why shouldnt we ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Not ridiculous at all.
Chances are we will probably be in this dvision next season, as much as I want us to go up.
I would expect our transfer team as it were are already looking at both scenarios so why shouldnt we ?

Indeed, arguably chance of promotion automatically are about 50%, which drops to 25% if we hit the play offs.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not ridiculous at all.

I agree.....but when planning the stadium the board and Dick Knight always told us there was (like the team on occasion) no plan B...so perhaps he has a point? i still agree tho

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Hemed and Stephens. There have already been rumours about Stephens, who scores a good number of goals. I doubt if Hemed is on a large salary and he is a forward who has had quite a good season. We would rather be lost without him now.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Whatever happens we need to recruit with the view that we cannot make loans...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And when you add in Crofts, JFC, Ince, Calderon, Wilson, Zamora and Sidwell probably wont be with us next season its quite a re-building job CH has again regardles of the division we are in.
Apart from the strikers, those you've listed haven't been central to our performances, so they shouldn't be difficult to replace. Replacing strikers is always a problem because good ones are expensive. And replacing those in the OP would be a pain too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see offers for Stephens either. And is Bruno really going to play at this level until he's 80?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
We have a fair amount of deadwood...CoG, JFC, Crofts, Ince...What we will need to bring in is a right-back and a striker.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We can make season long or half season loans.

( Maximum of 2 loan players in the 25 man squad, if in Premier League ).

short emergency ones is what i was meaning,it's all about getting another 4 or 5 Liam's into the team next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here