Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Muslims believe CH4 last night

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
hosted by Trevor Phillips who said "I thought Europe's Muslims would gradually blend into Britain's diverse landscape. I should have known better.

Usually these sort of surveys are dismissed and the conversation is quashed

however this survey was in depth and some of the findings were very shocking.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...homosexuality-should-be-illegal-a6978091.html

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...-muslims-want-ban-gay-homosexuality-attitudes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/...-british-muslims-shows-we-need-to-defend-our/

for balance the survey has been ridiculed by the BBC and Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/12/what-do-muslims-think-skewed-poll-wont-tell-us

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-36016708

can we afford to bury our heads in the sand over this issue any longer?
even the most ardent supporter of multiculturism must surely now admit something is very very wrong.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Did anyone think it would be any different?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Pringles at the ready.

to be honest chap i hope its not a pringle thread
it raised some very serious issues that the country as a whole is avoiding,im not sure we can avoid these uncomfortable statistics much longer

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wasn't expecting any different when it comes to there bigotry views on homosexuality,women and Jews. This will never change. It's ingrained into them and passed down. I'm suprised 1in 6 want Sharia law though. That's a concern

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
But comparing that number to the 90%+ who believe this should be the case in MENA countries and does it not show that the longer a group stay somewhere, the values of that land may rub off on them?

Saying that those numbers are still worryingly high. Did the program report whether the respondents were first/second/third generation etc. ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But comparing that number to the 90%+ who believe this should be the case in MENA countries and does it not show that the longer a group stay somewhere, the values of that land may rub off on them?

Saying that those numbers are still worryingly high. Did the program report whether the respondents were first/second/third generation etc. ?

yes they did,they hoped it was values amongst 1st generation elders,it wasnt.....its the youngsters with the very worrying mindset

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
you didnt watch the programme did you

No, but I have read some of the linked articles and do have a basic knowledge of what sort of size a statistically significant survey should be, and that is without going into the selection criteria.

I don't particularly doubt the findings as it happens, I just wonder how the same survey would look if done against other sections of society.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No, but I have read some of the linked articles and do have a basic knowledge of what sort of size a statistically significant survey should be, and that is without going into the selection criteria.

I don't particularly doubt the findings as it happens, I just wonder how the same survey would look if done against other sections of society.

the surveys were conducted face to face and not over the telephone apparently this is the gold standard for polls,the questions were indeed asked against other sections of society and compared .....the findings are very worrying,i am not daily mail scaremongering,watch the programme yourself it is upfront and honest

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
yes they did,they hoped it was values amongst 1st generation elders,it wasnt.....its the youngsters with the very worrying mindset

That is worrying. It's clear that leaders in the Muslim community need to curb this extremism but it seems a tall order considering the ease with which anyone can communicate with anyone in the digital age.

Steve in Japan

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

To be fair I think you have to discard the Guardian. I used to like that paper but they are reduced now to rubbishing anything that threatens their leftie, multi-cultural, EU-leaning dream. Probably the least balanced of all the "serious" papers now, IMHO.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
To be fair I think you have to discard the Guardian. I used to like that paper but they are reduced now to rubbishing anything that threatens their leftie, multi-cultural, EU-leaning dream. Probably the least balanced of all the "serious" papers now, IMHO.

Except of course the Telegraph who now no longer publish articles critical of China, HSBC or any other of their advertisers (see Eyes passim).

D

Deleted member 22389

Didn't watch the programme but I can imagine it was all about conservative Islam in conflict with your own values. Having lived in Luton I can tell you the religion had gone off track in some parts, it's going to be very difficult to bring it back. We are going to have to live with it now, no thanks in part to our own governments being too soft and allowing more conservative aspects of the religion to exploit our democracy because of political correctness and the failure to understand what a proper a moderate British Muslim is all about.

Seeing women walking down the road in Burqas everyday was a clear sign of where things where going wrong for me, I didn't like it and yet I was being told by our politically correct leaders this was moderate Islam. I don't like being treated like an idiot.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Wasn't expecting any different when it comes to there bigotry views on homosexuality,women and Jews. This will never change. It's ingrained into them and passed down. ...

To be fair if you polled members of the Conservative party or fundamentalist Christians you'd probably get the same percentages.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

The Guardian is the leftist Daily Mail.

They are only seen as 'serious' because they are overly-PC.

However it's becoming more of a joke as people see how awful it truly is.

BBQs are racist
Having dreadlocks is racist
Straightening your hair is white power
Playing video games means you hate women

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
A very dangerous title to base on 1000 people answering a survey. 10,000 or more would have been more credible.

I'm not saying the findings of the smaller sample size is insignificant. It's not. It's worrying. But if someone did a survey on 1000 football fans and made a TV show called "What football fans REALLY think" I don't think many would take their views too seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here