Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genuine Question: Who Would Win In A Game Between Albion Ladies and REMF Blokes?

Oct 25, 2003
the ladies would generally be more technically skilled but the remf lads would win the physical BATTLE by being quicker and stronger

plus with womens football the goalies are too small....stick it in the top corner- job done

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
the ladies would generally be more technically skilled but the remf lads would win the physical BATTLE by being quicker and stronger

plus with womens football the goalies are too small....stick it in the top corner- job done

I'm one of the two keepers in this year's REMF squad. I'm no doubt setting myself up for an ALMIGHTY fall here, but I would be devastated to concede some of the goals that you regularly see in the highlights of the women's matches. (I'm talking mainly of the ones the opposition concede, btw, rather than the Albion side. The Albion keeper looks to be pretty useful). The keeping at the level they now play at has improved considerably though. For properly appalling efforts now, you have to wait for the highlights of when they play the local cup matches.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Doesn't the REMF team normally have some fairly useful amateur and semi pro players alongside the ex Albion vets?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
What game are we playing? Mousetrap? Ludo? Poker? Twister? Duck Duck Goose?

If it's the original REMF 1 team playing, I'd fancy the ladies...

Even if Stumpy Tim scored again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Doesn't the REMF team normally have some fairly useful amateur and semi pro players alongside the ex Albion vets?

It is what is known as a MIXED BAG.

But yes, the REMF side over the years has featured some fairly useful club players (County league maybe - not 'semi-pro')

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've no doubt the REMF squad would batter them, stronger faster and more skill. The men's game is much quicker, much less time on the ball and mistakes are punished even at county level

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've no doubt the REMF squad would batter them, stronger faster and more skill. The men's game is much quicker, much less time on the ball and mistakes are punished even at county level

I think you'd be very surprised about that skill point.

All the women players I've come across in various FA coaching courses have been very good when it comes to skill and technique. They've easily held their own against all the men in SSG's where you get very little time on the ball.

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
I've played with a few of the REMF guys and a couple of the players from Chelsea in the Womens Super League, and quite honestly the ladies wouldn't stand a chance versus any half decent amateur men's team, the physical gap would be far too great.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It is what is known as a MIXED BAG.

But yes, the REMF side over the years has featured some fairly useful club players (County league maybe - not 'semi-pro')
On the basis that the majority of the REMF players would be in decent shape, they'd out pace, out muscle and dominate at every set piece. So regardless of skill levels I think that the REMF team would win convincingly.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
i think a fair comparison is that of our u-21 side who year on year get beat by adult sides of non-league teams in the sussex senior cup despite being undoubtedly more skilful players- they simply can't cope with the physicality of their opponents

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here