Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley fan here

burnleyfan57

Apr 13, 2016
Got to give you lot credit for beating Forest and staying the pace towards the end of the season.

It's fantastic for everyone to be involved in a three way shootout. Still plenty to play for.

We are hoping that our players stick to the "one game at a time" mentality and we have experience with Barton and a few others including Barnes who have had previous promotion experience.

As I think you'll beat Fulham there will be enormous pressure on us at Birmingham. Still, long way to go.

My nerves are already shredded.

How are you lot feeling?

UTC

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Barton you say? Smiley31-1.gif

burnleyfan57

Apr 13, 2016
Do you agree that Barton is an absolute bellend?

We were worried about Barton when we signed him, but he's been absolutely brilliant for us. Similar to players like Roy Keane and other of that ilk, he's the sort of player other fans love to hate. But in terms of his ability, he still has PL quality.

For us though, the star has been Andre. I've never seen a player run so fast. Mind you, he's had a tough upbringing as he was in gangs at an early age and has a big scar on his face when he got slashed.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
It's certainly an exciting end to the season. My stomach is doing loops and I'm forever going through permutations in my head - I'd say it's almost taking over my life at the mo!

If we get promotion, it will be a dream achieved, if we don't make it, I will be gutted, much more than our previous 2 Play off attempts.

I think Boro deserve one of the top 2 slots, and if we are the 2nd, I hope Burnley go up in the play-offs (or vice versa). All 3 teams deserve to go up IMO.

Re Burnley games 'burnleyfan57', do you agree that the Preston game could be pivotal? PNE will be up for this one!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We were worried about Barton when we signed him, but he's been absolutely brilliant for us. Similar to players like Roy Keane and other of that ilk, he's the sort of player other fans love to hate. But in terms of his ability, he still has PL quality.

For us though, the star has been Andre. I've never seen a player run so fast. Mind you, he's had a tough upbringing as he was in gangs at an early age and has a big scar on his face when he got slashed.

C'mon are you really Barton in disguise?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Got to give you lot credit for beating Forest and staying the pace towards the end of the season.

It's fantastic for everyone to be involved in a three way shootout. Still plenty to play for.

We are hoping that our players stick to the "one game at a time" mentality and we have experience with Barton and a few others including Barnes who have had previous promotion experience.

As I think you'll beat Fulham there will be enormous pressure on us at Birmingham. Still, long way to go.

How are you lot feeling?

UTC
Cheers.

Get stressed when we are playing, but not when our rivals are.

We just know that if we win the next 5 fixtures, we are garanteed top 2 and promotion.

So, onto Fulham.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Barton is decent but no longer PL quality. He got owned by Kayal at the Amex and his frustration at that would have got him sent off in most games.

However, I have respect for Burnley for the way that, despite having nothing to play for, they still gave it 100% on the last day of the season back in 2014. Thanks to miscommunication of the fact that we were winning 2-1, this prompted the funniest pitch invasion ever by Reading fans.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I view Barton as person most likely to lose it and get sent off at a critical time and cost his team promotion. But I'm just a natural optimist.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

How are you lot feeling?

UTC

Think general feeling is that you have to lose a game some time before end. There are similarities in your unbeaten run now to ours pre Christmas: lots of hanging on games in last few, and ours came to an abrupt end at hands of Boro....if you manage to get through unbeaten, well done and good luck.

Brum are not very good; Lafferty is not fully fit and they pack no other goal punch, can't see you losing there.

I am probably a bit of a lone voice but I hope that which ever of the three misses out wins the PO; there would be some justice in that. Felt for Derby when QPR kippered them.

Lots of soreness on here against Joey but we must move on.

burnleyfan57

Apr 13, 2016
It's certainly an exciting end to the season. My stomach is doing loops and I'm forever going through permutations in my head - I'd say it's almost taking over my life at the mo!

If we get promotion, it will be a dream achieved, if we don't make it, I will be gutted, much more than our previous 2 Play off attempts.

I think Boro deserve one of the top 2 slots, and if we are the 2nd, I hope Burnley go up in the play-offs (or vice versa). All 3 teams deserve to go up IMO.

Re Burnley games 'burnleyfan57', do you agree that the Preston game could be pivotal? PNE will be up for this one!

Yes, the PNE will be very tough but we know we are playing first, like you are on Friday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here