Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to concentrate on overhauling Burnley

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
After another jammy last kick winner i think Borough just too far ahead.

If they can beat Burnely we can sneak 1 point ahead of Burnley if we win, then have 4 games to match their results.

Looking more likely that a draw between them next tuesday will not be a satisfactory result anymore and time for us to reel in Burnleys bully boys and let borough walk away with 1st maybe

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Is it really jammy though?

Or just a case of a team continuing to go for it and give their all, right up until the end?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Still refuse to rule out the title, all Boro need to do is draw with Burnley, we match both point for point outside that fixture (clearly winning where they draw) and then beat Boro for the title in a winner take all show down. In a very underused Karate Kid analogy it's time to sweet the lick and show no mercy. WE CAN DO THIS.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No, don't get muddled by concentrating on other teams or anything other than our 5 wins.

We need to beat Fulham.

Then there is the big danger of concentrating so much on Burnley v Middlesbrough, that we lose focus on our own match v QPR.

For now it's about nothing except beating Fulham.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can think of 3 last min winners Boro have had at home - QPR I think - Hull - tonight - and by all accounts and having watched 2 of the games, they didn't deserve to win any of them. Lucky yes, but fair play for keep fighting at the end - Boro fans seem unable to admit it though whereas lots of our fans seemed to acknowledge our luck last night :lol:

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Is it really jammy though?

Or just a case of a team continuing to go for it and give their all, right up until the end?

Of course it's not 'jammy', it's actually expected and so it should be.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Getting caught by a Vydra breakaway and he misses is jammy.

After the 19th it will all become clearer.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, don't get muddled by concentrating on other teams or anything other than our 5 wins.

We need to beat Fulham.

Then there is the big danger of concentrating so much on Burnley v Middlesbrough, that we lose focus on our own match v QPR.

For now it's about nothing except beating Fulham.
You know we're not the players don't you? We're just the fans.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Strange timing. Boro got as lucky as we did last night. They certainly aren't a runaway train that should be forgotten about.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Obviously we need to win our games, but as far as other results go being four points ahead of Burnley when we go to Boro should be the priority. And as long as we are ahead of Burnley in that last day having Boro four points ahead of us and crowned champions the week before is best for our chances of a result.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
After another jammy last kick winner i think Borough just too far ahead.

If they can beat Burnely we can sneak 1 point ahead of Burnley if we win, then have 4 games to match their results.

Looking more likely that a draw between them next tuesday will not be a satisfactory result anymore and time for us to reel in Burnleys bully boys and let borough walk away with 1st maybe

I really don't understand this mentality. Win on Friday and we go one point behind again. Still likely to come down to the last game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here