Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wonder how Burnley fans are feeling tonight?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
After two injury time winners in 24 hours for their nearest rivals? I know they got one against us a couple of weeks ago but the pressure is really building. Who will snap first?

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
There are few short memories on Twitter re exactly that.

Their clash with Boro next Tuesday should be a cracker. Though only if we beat Fulham & QPR of course :ohmy:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We actually have to win the next four games.

Birmingham have 1 win in 7 and **** all to play for now sadly.

At least we have one more home game left compared to the other two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think one side winning next week re Burnley v Bro is going to be more preferable than a draw

I think Burnley are the ones to catch - Boro win especially if Burnley drop points at weekend and we were to win..

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
It's very NORTHERN at the top this season, isn't it? Boro, Burnley, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:, Hull.

I feel like we're flying the flag a little here (before anybody says it, I know Derby is technically in the east Midlands, but that's quite clearly the north).

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
I think Burnley are the ones to catch - Boro win especially if Burnley drop points at weekend and we were to win..

The alternative viewpoint of course is that if you can get within 2 points of Boro by the final day, that game effectively becomes a final.

Cliche but theres still a lot of football to be played - win Friday and see if either Boro or Burnley drop points Saturday - theyre both away from home so theres hope.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do you think Burnley will drop points to Birmingham? Even Leeds beat Birmingham!

The alternative viewpoint of course is that if you can get within 2 points of Boro by the final day, that game effectively becomes a final.

Cliche but theres still a lot of football to be played - win Friday and see if either Boro or Burnley drop points Saturday - theyre both away from home so theres hope.

Yeh agreed - it's just a hunch as Boro have taken maximum points from their 3 home games but Burnley are stuttering. Tonight is annoying in that it would have meant the result Tuesday would have favoured us whatever it was if you get what I mean... Just got to try win both our home games which is a big ask but neither have a great deal to play for. Fulhams form worries me though!

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
Draw between the top 2 next week is no good to us anymore as will still leave us sams points as burnely but worse goal diff.
Has to be a boro win now

It would be foolish to think that every other game will go to plan, so worrying about goal difference etc is slightly premature. A draw with both dropping points wouldn't be the worst thing in the world - to be honest, as long as Brighton keep winning, no result is *that* bad. Its a great time for them to have to play each other.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Draw between the top 2 next week is no good to us anymore as will still leave us sams points as burnely but worse goal diff.
Has to be a boro win now
Too many games left to worry about that IMO. Points willie dropped all over the place I think, and not just in the two big ones.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I can see all three of us in the prem next year, whoever misses out on autos i believe will still win the playoffs.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Do you think Burnley will drop points to Birmingham? Even Leeds beat Birmingham!

Maybe not but I can definitely see them dropping points at home to Boro and away to Preston.

I actually think the Boro win is good for us. I would back our run in against Burnley's even with a 2 point deficit.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
images

This photo reminds me of Burnley and Middlesborough, two old relics from the past looking down on Brighton, who are catching up very fast :)

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
I have a feeling all 3 top teams will win all their remaining games - the only 2 games that are unsure is burnley v boro and boro v us - these 2 games will decide the top 2 i think.

The rest of the games will be ground out victories. Its only 5 games to go now

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would back our run in against Burnley's even with a 2 point deficit.
I don't see how. Our fixtures are very similar:

Both home vs QPR
Both away to Charlton (who might have something to play for against us)
Both play Middlesbrough, they're at home
We play Fulham at home (they have something to play for), they play Birmingham away
We play Derby at home, they play Preston away

Not a lot in it, and we need 3 more points than them.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I don't see how. Our fixtures are very similar:

Both home vs QPR
Both away to Charlton (who might have something to play for against us)
Both play Middlesbrough, they're at home
We play Fulham at home (they have something to play for), they play Birmingham away
We play Derby at home, they play Preston away

Not a lot in it, and we need 3 more points than them.

I would rather play Derby and Fulham at home than Birmingham and Preston away. Also think that the Boro game may be at the right time for us if they are already promoted. We will see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here