Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester City. Supposedly an English team.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Last ENGLISH team left in the Champions League. Not a whole lot that's English about them.
Owners: Arab
Shirt and Stadium sponsor: Arab
Manager: Italian
Starting XI: ONE English player, Hart.
Bench: One English player.

It's a bloody joke. I'm supporting PSG.

I know it's the same with many other premier league team, but none worse than City.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Last ENGLISH team left in the Champions League. Not a whole lot that's English about them.

I know it's the same with many other premier league team, but none worse than City.

They're paid in GBP. Nothing more English than that now is there?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Pellegrini is from Chile.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Trust you felt similarly strongly about the two Israelis, one Frenchman, one Spaniard, one Irishman, one Czech, one Cameroonian, one Congolese, and a Finn in last night's squad at Forest then.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona

PSG aren't very english either. At least Manchester is in England!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Trust you felt similarly strongly about the two Israelis, one Frenchman, one Spaniard, one Irishman, one Czech, one Cameroonian, one Congolese, and a Finn in last night's squad at Forest then.

English owner, English manager, and five Englishmen in the starting line-up. I think we're just a bit more "English" than Man City. Plus we have two English strikers and an English winger all injured who would have been in the squad if fit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Not forgetting our American shirt and stadium sponsors.
As far as international football goes, our manager is Irish and assistant manager Scottish.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
English owner, English manager, and five Englishmen in the starting line-up. I think we're just a bit more "English" than Man City. Plus we have two English strikers and an English winger all injured who would have been in the squad if fit.

I bet we'll end up with a lot less English first teamers if we get promoted though. Maybe you should pray for relegation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Well at least you've come out of your coma safely.

A few things have changed since the early 90's, football being one of them.

So as not to startle you further, your team has predominately stopped having Irish players, for now.
In favour of Israelis, a couple of Spaniards, a Frenchie, a Cameroonian, and a couple of fellas from countries that didn't exist before your accident.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Manchester City exist within the geographical boundary which constitutes England and thus are as English as Sunday roasts and loving a good queue.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Chris Hughton, capped 58 times by the Republic of Ireland, do you mean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here