Thoughts on the Forest game

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton fans,

Written up some thoughts on your 2-1 win at Forest last night - http://www.TheFootbalLab.co.uk/2016/sidwell-strike-hands-seagulls-key-win-at-flailing-forest/

Been impressed with your lot this season, Dunk has been the best defender in the Championship for me.

Cheers and good luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks, interesting read.

Dunk has been excellent recently, though had a poor run of luck and form in January, which thankfully he's come through. I thought he was great last night.

Best defender I've seen all season was Ayala of Boro. Outstanding at this level.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good read that, as are a lot of the other pieces.

Thanks [MENTION=34115]Gabriel[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
That's just about the way I saw it. An objective report.

Not sure Brighton's 2nd goal was cruel on Forest. It's not exactly ruined their season.

We achieved a vital win - they gained much needed self confidence and pride.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Good article, but I feel like being pedantic about the final sentence. Albion have, on a very few occasions, "eyed" top flight football in the 33 years since 1983; we've just blinked.

Gabriel

Apr 12, 2016
Cheers guys. Without tempting fate, how do you think your squad would do in the PL and where do you need to strengthen?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Dunk has been great recently but things may have ended differently had his wild challenge that got him a yellow card been deemed a red card.had the forest player (gardener I think) not jumped to avoid the challenge then that s a red card all day long.

Cheers guys. Without tempting fate, how do you think your squad would do in the PL and where do you need to strengthen?

Hughton has overacheived, current squad would get obliterated in PL. Only Kayal, Knocky and Bong good enough to be PL starting regulars, Dunk and March with more experience. A few others like Murphy, Rosenoir, Stephens, Bruno, Goldson could hold down squad places.

Everywhere in the squad would need signings but most of all up front.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Hughton has overacheived, current squad would get obliterated in PL. Only Kayal, Knocky and Bong good enough to be PL starting regulars, Dunk and March with more experience. A few others like Murphy, Rosenoir, Stephens, Bruno, Goldson could hold down squad places.

Everywhere in the squad would need signings but most of all up front.

Given the squad we have (recent signings have all been excellent) and taking our recent finishes in the league (barring last season, but that wasn't helped by the Finn) we've regularly been a top 6 team, so is it an overachievement, or what we would be hoping/aiming for?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

My usual mantra is more quality rather than quantity of signings, and I think that would apply even more so if we made the PL. We'd need another RB, LB and a quality CB, one quality CM, and two quality strikers. Not going to be cheap.
Of our players, I'd say that the following are likely to do well: Dunk, Goldson, March, Knockaert, Kayal and, probably, Bruno.
The following will be decent enough squad players (i.e. playing, but not automatic first team selection) in the PL: (Bruno), Rosenoir, Bong, (Hunemeier?), Stephens, (Murphy?), Hemed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Like any other Championship team promoted to the PL, we will need to strengthen the team. At least three or four players who are better than we currently have, I would think. As to which of our players will need to be replaced, I don't know - some players can make the step up, others don't; I'll just have to trust CH to make the right call - although much will depend on who is available to us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here