Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
2ef925f.jpg

:glare:

Douchebag Argus Article - Click Here

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
If he wants to see what a naff pier is like come visit Eastbournes one. Me and my boy love nothing more than driving to Brighton on a nice day and spending a couple of hours in the arcades etc. We love the Palace Pier !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

WOW! That is one tvvat and a half! :ohmy:

"Today there are very much two Brightons: the inland one of vibrant creative industries, modern restaurants and a dynamic population – and the seafront of tacky sideshows, fish and chips, rock and assorted paraphernalia.

Unfortunately for Brighton, a large proportion of outsiders see it primarily as a destination for the latter rather than the former."

FVCK you 'Julian' you total DFL for your complete obliviousness to what keeps this town ticking over and why people from al over the world come here and remember coming here forever. VVanker doesn't even begin to cover it :salute:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Miserable snob. He fails to see that it's the mixture of ultra hip modern city and old skool tacky seaside resort that makes Brighton so totally unique and great. Go chuck yourself off the pier you tit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'Why not a Michelin starred restaurant on the pier?'

Because there would be nowhere to park the

350px-Lamborghini_Logo.svg.png

What a prat.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Julian Caddy said:
I have been working in Brighton now for five years, while still living in London

Julian Caddy said:
I believe that the Brighton seafront will go the same way as other faded Victorian seaside resorts before it and become an embarrassment.

Julian Caddy said:
(on Visitors) there seems to be no shortage of people willing to spend their two pence on those machines, via Sports Direct and Primark on their way back to their coaches.

Julian Caddy said:
But for the endless stream of car rallies and charity events, Madeira Drive would be an utter wasteland.

Julian Caddy said:
Brighton Marina had the chance to become something the rest of Brighton seafront never was, but instead became a tacky, cynical, empty, commercial pastiche of what is already everywhere else. What a waste.

Julian Caddy said:
Even though I still happen to live in London, due to what I do, I consider myself a proud, passionate Brightonian

*** off back to London and take your snide, demeaning and condescending opinions with you.

Tw@.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
So what does he want then? Something which is an affordable, fun day out for millions of families/friends/couples/parties each year (Which shows no signs of slowing down?) Or a load of pretentious cafes and a Shoreditch wankers who we can sell cereal to for £5 a bowl?

I kind of see what he's getting at. But adding a sentence at the end of the article addressing the fact that the i360 is EXACTLY the solution to his problem shows what a shit article he's written.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Hang on a second this CJTC is the managing director of the Fringe festival. How in the the world of **** can he HAVE a pop at the pier for next mg a bit tacky?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Utterly incensed when I read this this morning. A total grade-A part-time DFL who doesn't appear to understand the town he works in at all. What an unbelieveably pretentious pr*ck this guy is. A Michelin starred restaurant is just what the pier needs, yeah that'll be fun for all the family you joyless prat!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only a matter of hours, if not minutes, until DFL prick's plea that 'my comments were taken out of context'. Closely followed by his resignation as Managing Director of Brighton Fringe :wave:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Only a matter of hours, if not minutes, until DFL prick's plea that 'my comments were taken out of context'. Closely followed by his resignation as Managing Director of Brighton Fringe :wave:

Here's hoping.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'm suspecting it will be more along the lines of "I apologise if I've offended anyone but I was just trying to stimulate debate on the future of the city"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"I have been working in Brighton now for five years, while still living in London, and I can say that this is pretty much universally the impression that Londoners have of the city. This is a massive public relations problem. Luckily though, it is still a big draw, otherwise commercially it would fail "

So "luckily" the Palace Pier is a big draw, otherwise....it'd go bust.

Err...wot ?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Always the chance that The Arsegas was supposed to publish this on April 1st.
In which case the article is genius and the Arsegas is maintaining its high standards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here