Boro
Reading D Bolton W 79 + 4 = 83

Burnley W = 83

Albion
Fulham W v Brum = 81

19th

Burnley v Boro D = 84
Albion W v QPR = 84

But we need to keep within 2 pts of Boro to take to the final day of the 46. Even pts on the final day is the same as being 2 pts behind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/fixtures

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What? Why would a draw be better than a loss?

Surely we want Burnley and 'brough to get as few points as possible.

But we need to keep within 2 pts of Boro to take to the final day of the 46. Even pts on the final day is the same as being 2 pts behind.
Regarding our final position against 'brough, yes, but for our final position against Burnley we obviously want more. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who would thought Reading would have won 0-3 at Derby last season. That was an odds on home banker.

Who would have thought Birmingham (Burnley's next opponents) would win 0-3 at Derby this season?

Still, if we remain undefeated for the rest of the season (including penalties) and we are up!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

That's asking too much! If Reading are 0-2 up at half-time, I would pleased with a draw. Might even be if they were 0-2 up with five minutes to go!

I can't see anything but a win for Burnley at Birmingham either.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Reading to at least take a point tonight and Birmingham to do similar on Saturday. Time for Vydra to show his true worth and ability tonight and why they signed him and then TK on Saturday.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We want Birmingham to win tonight, and still be interested when they play Burnley on Saturday.

It would be good if Birmingham suddenly became the in-form team at home and win all their games!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's asking too much!
Right, so we want the top two to drop as many points as possible, you just didn't want to be greedy.

I'm sorry this is a bit rude, but your OP is that we want 'brough to drop points - no shit!

The good news is that the bookies think Burnley probably won't win. Similar odds to our game yesterday.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have been quite good at predicting our rivals results so far, unfortunately I can't see anything but a Boro win on this one.
I am hoping that the pressure may get to them or Reading defend really well mixed with a lot of luck but if it's a normal open game it will be something like 3-0.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Personally I'd rather Boro win tonight and carry on the momentum to Turf Moor next Tuesday and get a result there too, Burnley are the team to be targeting

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
We could use this to be a draw.

That's asking too much!

I voted for a 0-1 away win.

So a draw is too much to ask for, and you'd take a draw, even if Reading were winning by two goals at half time BUT you're predicting a 1-0 win for Readinng?

You make my brain physically hurt.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Personally I'd rather Boro win tonight and carry on the momentum to Turf Moor next Tuesday and get a result there too, Burnley are the team to be targeting

I might be with this ... looking at Burnley games v Boro then our best chance by a stretch is to overhaul Burnley. I just couldn't bring myself to say that I (might) want a Boro win so glad someone else did :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I might be with this
No. Just no. Trust me here when I say 'no'.

You're so wrong you've put my head in a spin and I just want to shout at you both, so this may come out a bit wrong:

If 'brough don't win tonight, they'll still get a win against Bolton on Saturday, and they'll be up for taking points of Burnley next week anyway. If they drop points tonight and next Tuesday (which, by the way, appears to be your worst case scenario) then they've dropped at least 4 points. We can go level (points, not GD) with them and Burnley after the same number of games played. Yes please.

... looking at Burnley games v Boro then our best chance by a stretch is to overhaul Burnley.
At the moment it looks like our best chance is to overtake Burnley, but if 'brough our chances of overtaking Burnley will not be reduced, and our chances of overtaking 'brough will increase.

'brough could win tonight, then lose at Burnley. It wouldn't be half as bad if the lost tonight and lost at Burnley, we could overtake them and only need a draw at their place.

Seriously boys, have a word with yourselves.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
How is this thread so complicated.

Best Case:

'Boro LOSE tonight.
Burnley LOSE on Saturday.

Burnley Vs 'Boro 'best case' result depends on the above results.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Something that just caught my eye whilst looking at tables, results, fixtures and stats for many hours is that Middlesbrough have been spectacularly good against top half sides...

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 12.33.12.png

....but bizarrely average against bottom-half sides...

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 12.34.16.png

Reading are bottom-half.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
That's asking too much! If Reading are 0-2 up at half-time, I would pleased with a draw. Might even be if they were 0-2 up with five minutes to go!

I really do see this as a banana skin for Burnley, I expect to see a Birmingham WIN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here