Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flares/Smoke bombs at away games

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
For the 2nd time in 3 away games after scoring, someone set off a flare(you can't really call it that, especially compared to the ones we set off in the terrace at London Road, Peterborough)/smoke bomb. Both times people have been detained and had their details passed on to our Liason officer, although last night Forest stewards identified what appeared to be a 14/15 year old lad who I'm told who was wrongly identified.

Is it really worth a 3 year football ban for having a bit of blue smoke for a couple of minutes after scoring, I guess I could understand it at big away games but Forest on a Monday night?

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
such a shame the harsh stance on flares in England... look abroad they all have them and it creates an brilliant atmosphere - they have bloody fireworks at some grounds in Russia and the like.... proper nanny state over here.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Was about 10 seats away from us, didn't actually see who was the 'offender' although he obviously pleaded his innocence whilst the throng around him assisted with 'You got the wrong one, you got the wrong one'.........

There was a security camera directly above mind.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
The youth in question was standing next to me when they came and carted him off. I didn't think he protested too much at the time, but having said that, the "flare" came from a couple of rows behind me.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Here they don't do anything at all to the fans, the league just fines the club.

It's such a different attitude. There are areas of the grounds where the stewards just leave the supporters to it. That way, it's self policing, the ultras know that when they organise a pyro display that they club gets fined. So they seem to only do it on matches where there'll be a big attendance.

Addi-Moosh

Oct 22, 2010
The youth in question was standing next to me when they came and carted him off. I didn't think he protested too much at the time, but having said that, the "flare" came from a couple of rows behind me.

I was the youth in question!! (19 however). Complete rubbish that my they can't confirm who actually threw the flare considering it obviously wasn't me. I'm more upset about the fact that me and 10 of my friends from uni (one me and one other actually Brighton fans) all missed the, what seemed, exciting second half. I got the whole "whatever you do say will and can be used against you" malarkey, and my picture taken by the police with and without my hat on. As someone whose living in Nottingham for the next two years, I'll definitely be taking it up with the Forest ground. Hopefully tho, even if there was some long term punishment for me I wouldn't matter regardless. BRING ON THE PREM :clap2:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Stewards were their normal over zealous selfs. All the way through the first half being told to sit down when standing in the back row, not blocking anyone's view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Stewards were their normal over zealous selfs. All the way through the first half being told to sit down when standing in the back row, not blocking anyone's view.

They were being arses telling us to sit down with the Forest section left in peace. There seems to be a certain type of individual who revels in having a tiny amount of power .. Kapo types :tosser:. They seemed to lose interest after a rousing rendition of 'Stand Up if you Hate Palace' reversed their efforts.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I was the youth in question!! (19 however). Complete rubbish that my they can't confirm who actually threw the flare considering it obviously wasn't me. I'm more upset about the fact that me and 10 of my friends from uni (one me and one other actually Brighton fans) all missed the, what seemed, exciting second half. I got the whole "whatever you do say will and can be used against you" malarkey, and my picture taken by the police with and without my hat on. As someone whose living in Nottingham for the next two years, I'll definitely be taking it up with the Forest ground. Hopefully tho, even if there was some long term punishment for me I wouldn't matter regardless. BRING ON THE PREM :clap2:

Hopefully with the CCTV evidence you'll get an apology from Forest after idenifiying the wrong person.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Not the case on the left hand side in my experience, they seemed alright, said hello to all fans when initially going in to the ground and was told that it was unreserved seating. No efforts were made to make the upper left side to sit down.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
A flare could burn someone's face off, saying that they do look good.
It wasn't a proper flare though like we had in the away end at Peterborough, it was more of a pyro stick letting out blue smoke

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Not the case on the left hand side in my experience, they seemed alright, said hello to all fans when initially going in to the ground and was told that it was unreserved seating. No efforts were made to make the upper left side to sit down.

I was on the left side upper section and one or two stewards were trying to get people at the front and on the left edge nearest the Forest fans to sit down. I also noticed one actually being removed from the lower section for not sitting down. #tw*ts

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Still can't grasp the notion that now, of all times, somebody would be prepared to risk getting banned from all our games just for a bit of blue smoke.

Madness.

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
I'm going to be unpopular here, but I hate the fact that people throw flares/pyros/whatever and hope they do get kicked out of the ground whether they are Albion or any other fans. I occasionally take my young(ish) kids to away games, I don't want anyone throwing a flare near them any more than I do any idiot throwing fireworks in the street when it's 5th November. It's unnecessary and stupid. Plenty of other ways to enjoy an away game and get behind the team.

As for the Forest stewards telling us to sit down last night - agree that's pointless and annoying, that same head steward makes a mission of it every year at Forest. But let's not confuse that with justifying flare throwing. Separate issues.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Speak to the FSF if genuinely wasn't you or one of your group. I hope you did not accept a caution

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hopefully with the CCTV evidence you'll get an apology from Forest after idenifiying the wrong person.

And compensation for the false arrest, the embarrassment of being led out, missing the second half, the stress caused by the wrong arrest. This should more than clear any university fee debts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here