Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunks lunging

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Before I start him and and Goldson have been nothing short of magnificent for the last 3 months. I honestly think if we can keep the pair of them they can be our starting CB pairing for years to come.

But....

How many times this season has Dunk flown in to a tackle completely unnecessarily around the halfway line. QPR twice, Burnley, Cardiff I believe? And then yesterday, when to be honest I don't think we could have complained if he had seen red.

It often seems it's after some mis control when he's desperate to make up for the mistake he's made. For a player who generally looks composed when he has the ball around our box I find it odd that he loses his head for these little instances. Let's hope Chris can help cut them out. :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
I thought was a def red coming up for him last night for that one!

However his recent performances with CG have been incredible and after his rocky patch just goes to show was a pro he is.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Wasn't a red for me in any circumstance. It was an over exuberant challenge but not malicious in any sense. He does need to cut out challenges like that but the Goldson error was more worrying for me. Thankfully Forest didn't capitalize.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It'll come with age. He was excellent last night but I did think a red was coming out for that challenge (more because of the reaction of their fans and players than anything).

Once he can control his moments of madness he will be a very good Premier League CB IMO.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He did look rather wound up as the game went on yesterday, his face uncheery and a-fume, and his mouth spewing obscenities. Of course Hughton had a similar look about him toward the end of the game, but am glad he didn't lash out as wildly at his boggle-eyed Nottingham counterpart. Dunk does need to find that right balance between the sometime seemingly lackadaisical him and the rash my legs and studs are coming for you him. Otherwise he's a few too many reds waiting to happen. That's down to our coaching staff as much as him. Similar to them needing to try and talk Bruno out of quite so many shirt-clutching moments, unless they're his own following a stunning volley.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I thought that the lad who was tackled saved Dunk. He saw the challenge and jumped it and although obviously still hurt didn't roll around the floor or make a massive deal of it. The rest of their players did the usual screaming and shouting of course. Dunk was excellent last night and was probably MOM for me, but he was lucky to stay on for that...

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I thought that the lad who was tackled saved Dunk. He saw the challenge and jumped it and although obviously still hurt didn't roll around the floor or make a massive deal of it. The rest of their players did the usual screaming and shouting of course. Dunk was excellent last night and was probably MOM for me, but he was lucky to stay on for that...

This is exactly my reading of it from the away end.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Dunk gave 4-5 free-kicks away much earlier in the season which directly resulted in goals for the opposition.
Hughton indirectly slammed him about it "individual mistakes are costing us".

However he's been great over the second half of the season.

I can't critisice him for the tackle last night at all, it happened very soon after tempers were up all-round and these things happen.
He only mistimed it by a second, otherwise it would have been exactly the same as the thumping Kayal tackle in the first 15 minutes.

Personally if there was any major criticism for last night, it would be targeted at Bruno for giving away a stupid free-kick (defender was going nowhere but off the touchline) resulting in the Forest goal.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Was never a red. He went for the ball, missed and the jump made it look worse that it was. He did catch him with his studs though even though he didn't go studs first.

I think Dunk looked like the only player who could see the inevitable equaliser coming. He was pretty worked up at his team mates.

Dec 29, 2011
I thought he was immense yesterday, but as always showed his propensity to have a momentary lapse in concentration which would have almost certainly cost the team another 2 points.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

That lad who was tackled by Dunk was Gary Gardner who we loaned from Villa a few years ago. Remembering his lackadaisical performances, I can understand why he wasn't player of the year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here