Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Kaz lost that yard of pace?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Anyone else noticed this? Watched the Ulloa last minute Forest winner on YouTube yesterday and noticed how much quicker and more agile Kaz looked in his movement when running with the ball. Maybe he isn't fit, but it looks like he's lost a bit of pace since then maybe the injuries have mounted up and cost him that burst of accelaration he was so known for, be a shame as on his day he's such a joy to watch.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Anyone else noticed this? Watched the Ulloa last minute Forest winner on YouTube yesterday and noticed how much quicker and more agile Kaz looked in his movement when running with the ball. Maybe he isn't fit, but it looks like he's lost a bit of pace since then maybe the injuries have mounted up and cost him that burst of accelaration he was so known for, be a shame as on his day he's such a joy to watch.
Kazenga definitely seems less dynamic than during his early season run of form. Hopefully is just a blip and he will burst into life with a crucial brilliant goal or electrifying run and cross at some point during the final matches.

I think even at 85% he is still quicker than most players on the pitch. He does still present a threat in behind defenders and is also effective tracking back and slowing down a counterattack because he can regain a defensive position so quickly.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
This discussion happens every time a winger comes back from an injury. He's just getting back to full fitness, judge whether he's "lost a yard of pace" after a few more games

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Controversial and luckily the thumbs-down option has been removed...

...but I don't rate Kaz at all.

I think for every 60 minutes he has on the pitch, he's useful for approx 60 seconds.
He's got two contributory moves. Cut inside and draw a soft free-kick. Cut outside and win a corner off a deflection.

Aside from going down softly or getting a deflection, he loses the ball due to poor passing accuracy.

He's scored a couple of free-kicks and has gone on a couple of wonder-runs.
But for me, he takes a place in the squad that could be better served by someone else.

Too prone to injury, too inconsistent, poor passer, quick and clever feet, intelligent faller.

But what REALLY gets me, is that 100% of the time, Kaz would rather draw a foul than run at goal and shoot.
He's very happy to take any contact by the opposition, but could easily run through almost every time.

Rant over.

Please don't re-introduce thumbs-down today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I think for every 60 minutes he has on the pitch, he's useful for approx 60 seconds.
He's got two contributory moves. Cut inside and draw a soft free-kick. Cut outside and win a corner off a deflection.

Aside from going down softly or getting a deflection, he loses the ball due to poor passing accuracy.

But for me, he takes a place in the squad that could be better served by someone else.

Too prone to injury, too inconsistent, poor passer, quick and clever feet, intelligent faller.

But what REALLY gets me, is that 100% of the time, Kaz would rather draw a foul than run at goal and shoot.
He's very happy to take any contact by the opposition, but could easily run through almost every time.

Rant over.

Good summing up of him of late. In fairness he had a good start to the season, which I think surprised most of us.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This discussion happens every time a winger comes back from an injury. He's just getting back to full fitness, judge whether he's "lost a yard of pace" after a few more games

Possibly, but he's been fit a while now hasn't he? Has to have been over a month? He's just not been selected? I like Kaz, just something i noticed if you watch his older videos I honestly think he's lost a bit of something. He doesn't seem to impact games when he starts as well.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Rant over.

:wave: I found someone that didn't watch the beginning of the season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone else noticed this? Watched the Ulloa last minute Forest winner on YouTube yesterday and noticed how much quicker and more agile Kaz looked in his movement when running with the ball. Maybe he isn't fit, but it looks like he's lost a bit of pace since then maybe the injuries have mounted up
Well he hadn't lost it at the start of this season when he was excellent. Since he's just coming back from injury, I'd say it's too early to judge what he's like now.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Good summing up of him of late. In fairness he had a good start to the season, which I think surprised most of us.

He did have a good start to the season, so it was quite difficult to write up my previous post.

However it grates me when I watch on Sky, and the presenters ALWAYS say "this is a really exciting player to watch".
Maybe if it's the first or second time you've watched him, but I know what he's going to do when he gets the ball, every time.

• Receive the ball on the left
  • Run very fast down the line
  • Slow down when the 2 defenders have closed him down
  • Stop and think for a couple of seconds:
    - ("right, should I poke the ball inbetween these two and one of their legs will come out to stop me, I'll go down. OR, shall I take on the outside defender and let him clear it across the line for a corner") -
  • Makes his move
  • Becomes irrelevant for 10-15 minutes.
  • Repeat.

:wave: I found someone that didn't watch the beginning of the season.

If you're happy to base 6 seasons on 7 games, fine by me. :wave:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I think he still has it, a game changer, just needs that injury free run, most pundits still saying he is not match fit, lets hope one season he gets that run alongside his mojo. Kaz like many others may still play a big part in this season campaign.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Hopefully not but at the moment he does seem to be going down the Buckley route, at least in terms of injuries and his play after recovery!

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011

Rant over.

I'm with you on this. Its' not all about not fit enough , or on form, I think he's just not up to the level of some other players we have now.
ie. players like Murphy and Knockeart. He really isn't up to there level.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Rant over.

I've been saying this for a couple of years. Kaz is rubbish and hasn't developed at all as a player since he first signed in 2009. His main attribute is drawing a foul, which is absolutely fine - it helps the team, it's an outlet to relieve pressure and it gets us up the pitch. Tactically, it's not a bad thing. His thump and hope style will work at times as well, but he doesn't get anything like enough deliveries into the box and his shooting is haphazard. He offers us something through his drawing of fouls, but he isn't a Knockaert who can run through people and he's not Skalak putting in excellent deliveries. He does what he does, but he's a poor player who found some form at the start of the season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He would be a much better player of he ran into space and then he would be more effective further forward.

I see signs of him refining his game and with his ability to shoot with both feet, he could make a difference in the games coming up.

If he does draw a foul it would better nearer the opponents goal.

He needs to be on from the start to get up to speed.

Shots per game and goals is still higher than the other wingers, but assists are less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here