Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dodgy Dave

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Getting sent out the room for calling someone 'Dodgy', a bit school playground like. I am sure much worse has been said in there.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's like a frigging nursery in there. And we pay them £67k to behave like that ( and I'm not referring to Skinner ).

Dec 29, 2011
Politics really does attract the biggest ***** doesn't it. Cameron and his chums sitting there with their smug smiles like they're sitting in the Eaton dining hall and sniggering at the cleaner who has asked them to lift their feet so he can mop the floor.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It's like a frigging nursery in there. And we pay them £67k to behave like that ( and I'm not referring to Skinner ).

The leaders of our Nation behaving like that on a daily basis.
Not allowing the other parties to talk by heckling/boo'ing.

One man stands up to the Nation's antagonist, in the only way that will make his voice heard, and gets thrown out of the room.

It all makes me quite angry tbh.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It amuses me that Jeremy Corbyn was fined £100 for late submission of his tax return. He only had 10 months to fill it in.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
While parliamentary privilege allows a lot of freedom to raise issues without fear of prosecution there are still standards to uphold. Having made his point Skinner could easily rephased his question to get a response from Cameron but instead just acted like a young child. Stil Skinner will be applauded by all of the far left who would have ignored any answer from Cameron anyway

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Having made his point Skinner could easily rephased his question to get a response from Cameron but instead just acted like a young child.
Stil Skinner will be applauded by all of the far left who would have ignored any answer from Cameron anyway

He could have.
However, out of principle, he shouldn't (and didn't) rephrase his statement.

I imagine the majority of non-conservative supporters/voters will be quietly applauding Dennis Skinner. Not just the 'far left'.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The leaders of our Nation behaving like that on a daily basis.
Not allowing the other parties to talk by heckling/boo'ing.

One man stands up to the Nation's antagonist, in the only way that will make his voice heard, and gets thrown out of the room.

Surely the fact that he got thrown out has given his comments more publicity than otherwise.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Surely the fact that he got thrown out has given his comments more publicity than otherwise.
This. Extremely effective and principled politician.

"Dodgy Dave" should stick quite well.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Thankfully, yes.

I probably wouldn't have heard about it otherwise.

My point still stands though, stand up to the groovy gang and get thrown out for speaking your mind.
Yet Dodgy Dave and his Dickheads can act how they like and make a mockery of everybody else in the room without consequence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Politics really does attract the biggest ***** doesn't it. Cameron and his chums sitting there with their smug smiles like they're sitting in the Eaton dining hall and sniggering at the cleaner who has asked them to lift their feet so he can mop the floor.
What were they supposed to do? Applaud Mr Skinner for using inappropriate language?

Oh please. He didn't have to refer to the PM using inappropriate language and he was given the chance to withdraw his comment. It appears he wanted to get thrown out of the room in order to bring more attention to his comments, so why are you then complaining that he got what he wanted?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
He didn't have to refer to the PM using inappropriate language.
A bit of naughty alliteration shouldn't warrant expulsion from the house. They can give it but won't take it.

he was given the chance to withdraw his comment.
Out of principle, he shouldn't.

It appears he wanted to get thrown out of the room
Did it?
It appeared as though he was passionate and frustrated at the current state and dodgy dealings of the people in charge of his (and our) country and refused to back down. And rightly so.

why are you then complaining that he got what he wanted?
We don't know that he got what he wanted.
What did he want? ???

See posts #7 & #17 r.e my complaints.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Thankfully, yes.

I probably wouldn't have heard about it otherwise.

My point still stands though, stand up to the groovy gang and get thrown out for speaking your mind.
Yet Dodgy Dave and his Dickheads can act how they like and make a mockery of everybody else in the room without consequence.

Well you can interpret it like that if you like, but he was not kicked out for standing up to the groovy gang and speaking his mind. He was kicked out for using unparliamentary language.

He could have make the same points and asked the same question without calling him Dodgy Dave - he would not have been kicked out for that. But he has form for this - he referred to John Selwyn Gummer as a "little squirt of a minister"and a "wart" for example, which also brought about a suspension. I suspect that had he referred to DC's business dealings as dodgy, he would have been alright but then he would not have got the publicity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here