Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Argus's assessment of last night.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
"It looked like they would have to settle for a point, which was arguably the most they deserved."

We weren't great in the second half, but saying we should have lost seems very harsh. Before scoring we controlled the game well IMO.

With the exception of the Lansbury chance Forest created little.

Hemed was denied a goal by an excellent save. He looked knackered but kept plodding on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Yup, deserved at least a point.
However.....to get the lead early on and playing so well against such woeful and uninspired opposition only to let them slowly build up confidence and momentum to the point where they were the most likely to win was just madness.
I hope we do it the more straight forward way against Fulham.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dyche was wheeling out that old cliche on Sky on Saturday about how good teams get three points even when they don't play well.

Ta-da.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
"It looked like they would have to settle for a point, which was arguably the most they deserved."

We weren't great in the second half, but saying we should have lost seems very harsh. Before scoring we controlled the game well IMO.

With the exception of the Lansbury chance Forest created little.

Hemed was denied a goal by an excellent save. He looked knackered but kept plodding on.

I'd say it was a pretty fair assessment. Forest looked more likely to find a winner from what I could see through my fingers.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Naylor being supportive as ever then. We bossed the first half, Forest played better second half. As the home team, I should think so too really. They did not create much though, neither did we to be fair, but that was a win that every team wishing promotion grinds out. Burnley seem to do that every game at the moment. It is GREAT that we are doing it too - he should concentrate on reporting about that.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Despite Forest being on the front foot 2nd half I dont recall too many saves by Stockdale. Other than the goal we did what we usually do and were solid and difficult to breakdown.A point probably would have been a fairer result but who cares I'm happy to take a win however it arrives.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
We've seen it time and time again when we've been on the receiving end. The top teams pull these results out of the bag. Simple as that.

We were fantastic for the first 20 minutes and good for most of the first half. But the hard done by Forest fans and some really poor quality passing from us allowed them to build that momentum. If they'd have won I they'd have deserved it.

I always knew though that we would get that chance in the end. And we got two. Hemed's sitter and Sidwells goal.

I just wish we'd do another Leeds and put these games to bed when we have the chance.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not one for relying solely on stats, but there were equal number of shots and shots on target last night from both teams, according to the BBC site.

Either team could have won it, but Sidwell took his chance, just as Lansbury and Tesche didn't before the winner went in. If they had scored, and we didn't, you could say they would have probably deserved to win. As they missed and Sidwell scored, that is the 'reward' for getting the ball in the back of the net.

I'd understand it if we were battered for the entire game and came away with a point, but it was – as the cliché goes – a game of two halves, both of which pretty much evened themselves out. We carried on going, with a great bit of skill from Knocky and finish from Sidders.

Happy days.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Funny how people keep saying that Leicester are scraping wins and how lucky they are with decisions..." oh...the opposition should have had two penalties....how did Huth get away with that...." etc etc.
No acknowledgement of their work ethic, their system and their desire not to get beaten. The ability to pull together as a team. Every man jack putting everything on the line. This season has demonstrated how we have created a situation in football, where hugely paid players can coast for weeks on end and still be hugely rewarded for below par performances. I watched our game last night and agree that we struggled to play to our usual level. We lacked the normal movement and our passing was below par. It was, to use an old cliché, a bad day at the office.
But we never stopped working, pulled together and ultimately, showed that desire to go and snatch victory. We are supporting a very brave bunch of players. They have had all manner of adversity thrown at them. A crippling and lengthy injury list to key players. Contentious decisions go against them in key games. A reluctance in some quarters of the media to give them any credit for a staggeringly impressive unbeaten run over 4.5 months.
...And they are still in there fighting and giving themselves a chance.

el punal

I'd say it was a pretty fair assessment. Forest looked more likely to find a winner from what I could see through my fingers.

I did the cowardly thing and recorded the game, watched some Nordic noir drama on TV to take my mind off the other drama and waited . . . . and waited . . . until 9.40 to check the score. Yessss!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When a side isn't firing on all cylinders the easy thing to do is to hold what you have and bring on subs to shut up shop.

CH brought on a striker, a winger and an attacking midfield player.

Fortune favours the brave.

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
Don't pay much attention to Naylor myself

Is the right answer. He comes out with his opinion but if you have a different view he slates you. If you tweet him to agree with him he retweets you. Why the hell he had to mention Stoke after a massive win last night is beyond me.

He's certainly alienated himself further from the fans this season.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Andy Naylor..... Just ignore him.

Like many other Albion supporters I have no time for the bloke.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The truism is that the earlier in the season, the more important the performance, the later in the season, the more important the result.

We have now taken 34 points from the last 15 games. Unbeaten in 9.

For those moaning that we didn't play well, painful to watch, lucky, Wilson not strong enough, blahblahblah: what exactly do you want? TWO defeats away from home all season. Phenomenal.

Bring on Fulham.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
People should stop quoting, following and reading Naylor. He is irrelevant and just on a constant wind up.

I've blocked him on Twitter and general just ignore him...he's no better than a 14 year old web troll trying to get attention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here