Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
This lads crossing is incredible! Every single corner kick and free kick today was put right into the danger area. Best set piece taker since Paul Watson.

How many assists is that now, he must be averaging over one per game, surely?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just wish he had another yard of pace

Lack of pace and the ability to beat a man didn't stop Beckham making a career out of his crossing talent.

Skalak's dead ball delivery was even better last Tuesday. It's so nice to be able to get excited about winning a corner again.

I won't be putting any money on his Euro team this summer. I'll leave it at that.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Some harsh comments. He is actually improving all the time. The first time i saw him he was awful. Since then he is making excellent progress. There's much more to come from him.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Some harsh comments. He is actually improving all the time. The first time i saw him he was awful. Since then he is making excellent progress. There's much more to come from him.

Agree - he defended a bit tonight and was more involved generally, not falling over every time the wind blew. He isnt going to place every set piece on someone's head but 3-4 excellent deliveries per game seems good enough reason to pick him and his general play is improving.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
One thing I noticed tonight is how hard he works when we don't have the ball, he'll sprint 30 yards to close down in the middle of the park and that helps the defence big time, that seems to be what Hughton wants from his wingers. He was poor on the ball tonight, but then so were Kaz, Murphy and Hemed.

At the moment Skalak's workrate and delivery are worth his starting place away from home. Knockhaert needs to start every game at the Amex though to give us that quality on the ball.

Jimmy Grimble

Still not convinced he's a winger. Not really sure what his natural position and I don't think he is quite sure either. Plays with his head down a little too much for my liking and doesn't seem to have a great awareness of teammates around him. Difficult to imagine him 'in the hole' given that trait and difficult to see him as a top standard Championship winger because of his lack of pace and ability to skin a full back. Hopefully he can improve though as his crossing/set piece delivery is proving to be invaluable. If he can start contributing a little more in open play, then I'd say we have a high level Championship player on our hands.

Still not convinced he's a winger. Not really sure what his natural position and I don't think he is quite sure either. Plays with his head down a little too much for my liking and doesn't seem to have a great awareness of teammates around him. Difficult to imagine him 'in the hole' given that trait and difficult to see him as a top standard Championship winger because of his lack of pace and ability to skin a full back. Hopefully he can improve though as his crossing/set piece delivery is proving to be invaluable. If he can start contributing a little more in open play, then I'd say we have a high level Championship player on our hands.

I'd rather we attack down both wings with pass and move/overlapping full backs or slipping through balls into forwards. In Knocky and Murphy we have the players to do that. I don't want our play to become swinging the ball in 30 yards from out wide hoping it hits the head of one of our forwards, it's too hit and miss.

There is actually a vacancy for Hemed's striking partner - if Skalak is so vital for set pieces, why not try him there?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This lads crossing is incredible! Every single corner kick and free kick today was put right into the danger area. Best set piece taker since Paul Watson.

How many assists is that now, he must be averaging over one per game, surely?

Poor old Darren Currie always gets forgotten.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here