Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton song that I love

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
der da, da da, da da, da da...der...da, der...da, der da, da da, da da, da da...DER da...DER da, Der da etc... We all follow Brighton and Hove Albion. What is that song? It's probably been around for 40 years, I only heard it at the Birmingham away game, it's my favourite song ever. I love it, got a bit of the sea shanty about it. What's the history?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's an old USA civil war shanty, reborn by the NSk boys I believe. It's also a kaz ditty with different words obviously.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
der da, da da, da da, da da...der...da, der...da, der da, da da, da da, da da...DER da...DER da, Der da etc... We all follow Brighton and Hove Albion. What is that song? It's probably been around for 40 years, I only heard it at the Birmingham away game, it's my favourite song ever. I love it, got a bit of the sea shanty about it. What's the history?

We all follow the Albion, over land and seaaaaa . . .

Something like that anyway.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
We've got Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert, I just don't think you understand, He only cost a Mil, He's better than Ozil, We've got Anthony Knockeart.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

With all due respect-how the feck are we supposed to guess from that load of da da?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
With all due respect-how the feck are we supposed to guess from that load of da da?

Well it's impossible to write it down without recording my own voice and the tune of it because there's no lyrics till the end

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's ****ing brilliant, we should have it ringing out round the Amex

WhenJohnny comes marching home is the original name I think.The NSk boys have been singing it for a few season now, under the police box, just nobody can hear that well elsewhere. And because people are a bit rubbish at remembering words it's morphed into the one you like.

Kazenga sets off down the wing.
Lua Lua
And now you'll hear the Albion roar
Lua! Lua!
He's faster than afighterjet
His shot will break the f ing net
We all bow down to
Kazenga LuaLua

Those were the original words a few seasons ago anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's an old USA civil war shanty, reborn by the NSk boys I believe. It's also a kaz ditty with different words obviously.

The original words were When Johnny comes marching home.

I don't sing der der der but la la la until the last line.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Haven't you been to a game recently....More so at away games but it is sung at home too!

I haven't noticed it at home games, but then I sit in the west stand and I should transfer to the North because it's where I belong. Was great singing it coming out of Birmingham fc stadium though

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Haven't you been to a game recently....More so at away games but it is sung at home too!

No I don't go to games. Of course I go. It's just I can never guess any song from a series of da da da ders.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
WhenJohnny comes marching home is the original name I think.The NSk boys have been singing it for a few season now, under the police box, just nobody can hear that well elsewhere. And because people are a bit rubbish at remembering words it's morphed into the one you like.

Kazenga sets off down the wing.
Lua Lua
And now you'll hear the Albion roar
Lua! Lua!
He's faster than afighterjet
His shot will break the f ing net
We all bow down to
Kazenga LuaLua

Those were the original words a few seasons ago anyway.

Obviously has a bit of history, was only sung we all follow Brighton and Hove Albion at Birmingham at the end of it. The rest is all der de der sung lustily, it works

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Well done the NSK boys if they've resurrected the song, respect boys, you're doing a great job

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here