Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings - Nottingham Forest 1 BHA 2

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Stockdale 5 (quite average today)
Bruno 7 (good)
Goldson 6 (not that good, but then again, had to contend with that dirty wanker Lansbury)
Dunk 7 (except for his usual calamity time, was good)
Rosenior 6 (quiet)
LuaLua 4 (added nothing to this team)
Kayal 6 (not up to his usual standard, was slipping for fun)
Stephens 7 (OK)
Murphy 6 (tried hard, but it didn't work out)
Skalak 8 (his delivery [emoji106] )
Hemed 5.5 (missed some sitters)

Wilson 4 (uninterested)
Knockaert 7.5 (provided us the oomph we needed)
Sidwell 8 (quiet, but GREAT GOAL!)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Everyone 7ish in the first half against a poor team.
Most of the second half, everyone 5 or 6ish apart from Dunk who stayed 7ish.
Last bit of he second half A.K. 8. On the couple of occasions he got the ball.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stockdale 5 - several moments of hesitation
Bruno 6 - needless foul that led to the goal. Brighter going forward second half
Goldson 6 - first poor performance for ages
Dunk 8 - MOTM despite the odd sloppy moment he was our biggest goal threat and our best defender (and won me £78)
Rosenior 6 - meh
LuaLua 5 - a good first twenty minutes, then just gave the ball away
Kayal 7 - not his greatest night but influential still, particularly in the first half
Stephens 7 - ditto
Murphy 5 - strange choice alongside Hemed
Skalak 8 - great delivery for the goal. Love his enthusiasm
Hemed 7 - a consistent threat. Unlucky on a couple of occasions

Wilson - 6 little impact
Knockeart 8 - BOOM!
Sidwell 7 - audible groans across the pub when he came on. Shut us up!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That was the worst performance all season

Absolutely awful. The midfield were chasing things down for no reason and Forest just bypassed them.

Lua Lua has absolutely no focus and cannot stick to where he is supposed to play. Skalak, I still don't know what position he was playing. I saw him at right back near the end.

Lewis Dunk, not normally one of my favourite players was absolutely superb. Rosenior was solid but he has a better understanding with Murphy than he does with anyone else. Jamie was OK but Forest were tugging at his shirt all the time to put him off his stride.

Hemed was industrious but then so is an ant. Goldson was a little shaky - Knockeart, well Forests fear of him allowed us to do a Dick Turpin and steal the points. The others chased shadows and I will have to say that team selection was wrong tonight Chris and he needs to stop trying to find places in the starting eleven, for 2 players who don't really deserve to be in the team unless they are doing something brilliant in training. That's Skalak and Lua Lua

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Absolutely awful. The midfield were chasing things down for no reason and Forest just bypassed them.

Lua Lua has absolutely no focus and cannot stick to where he is supposed to play. Skalak, I still don't know what position he was playing. I saw him at right back near the end.

Lewis Dunk, not normally one of my favourite players was absolutely superb. Rosenior was solid but he has a better understanding with Murphy than he does with anyone else. Jamie was OK but Forest were tugging at his shirt all the time to put him off his stride.

Hemed was industrious but then so is an ant. Goldson was a little shaky - Knockeart, well Forests fear of him allowed us to do a Dick Turpin and steal the points. The others chased shadows and I will have to say that team selection was wrong tonight Chris and he needs to stop trying to find places in the starting eleven, for 2 players who don't really deserve to be in the team unless they are doing something brilliant in training. That's Skalak and Lua Lua

Some fair comments, but Skalak has provided 3 assists in 2 games, it's not his fault that the entire team all go missing at the same time.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
From the telly......

All fair to middling, nothing much to write home about, but its the result that counts.

Dunk was solid, however you could see the 'red mist' descend just prior to that wild lunge that earned him a booking

I don't know if it was just me but that 2nd half performance reminded me a little of the debacle at Cardiff. It seemed that we couldn't retain possession (especially Stephens who seemed to be making a lot of miss-placed passes)

No complaints though, onwards and upwards

UTA !!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Some fair comments, but Skalak has provided 3 assists in 2 games, it's not his fault that the entire team all go missing at the same time.

Yes that's true of Skalak but he loses possession too often. I don't say that he isn't valuable player to have around All I am saying is that he does not deserve to be in the starting eleven before Knockeart and Murphy as the wide men.

If Chris was going to play that system tonight he should hake played Skalak where he played Murphy. Jamie did OK there but there was all these little tugs to his shirt and kicks at his ankles to stop him in his tracks.

Skalak works hard I grant you but he lost possession with Kayal too far up field that we got cut open time after time in the 2nd half

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Stockdale - 5 hesitant and distribution wasn't up to his usual standards
Bruno - 6 gave away stupid foul for their goal
Goldson - 5 almost cost us the game dallying on the ball
Dunk -8 MOTM was a leader on the pitch tonight
Rosenior -5 Quiet
Murphy -6 made some decent runs off the ball
Stephens - 6 wasteful in possession
Kayal -6 lost the battle in midfield in 2nd half
Lualua -5 offered no threat at all
Skalak -7 Mixed bag of deliveries from set pieces
Hemed - 6 worked hard should have scored his header

Wilson -4 decent long range effort but nothing else
Knockaert -8 excites me every time he gets on the ball
Sidwell -8 Composed finish

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I thought we just shaded the first half, but were shocking in the second. We just kept on giving the ball away, lost our shape, and looked decidedly average. Yet, that desire, team spirit, and quality coming off the bench managed to retrieve the situation for us. I don't know to what extent luck comes into it, but CH and the players just seem to somehow know how to grind out wins.
Thought Dunk should have been sent off.
Agree about LuaLua, but he was quite dangerous in the first quarter of the game, and won free kicks for ...
... Skalak to deliver, which was mainly poor today, but he managed to produce one beauty for Dunk, then another for Hemed who really should have put that one away.
Murphy did some good work, and I'm pretty sure he'll start on Friday.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 6

Bruno 7
Goldson 6
Dunk 8
Rosenior 7

Kayal 6
Stephens 6
Murphy 6
Skalak 7
Lua Lua 5

Hemed 5

Knockaert 8
Sidwell 8
Wilson 5

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Stephens was surprisingly poor tonight, kept losing possession and not involved in much, but who cares? Play poorly and get a totally underserved win away from hope. We dare to dream

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 5 -- distribution only OK, could have conceded a needless penalty, pulled off one great save and nearly got enough on their goal to claw it away
Bruno 6 -- a few mistakes, did OK, i.e. not up to his usual standards
Goldson 5 -- not up to his usual standards
Dunk 6.5 -- got the goal, and looked composed for most of the game ... apart from that shocking challenge
Rosenior 5 -- some good attacking play in the first quarter, not up to much thereafter
Skalak 6 -- some delicious set-plays but also some poor ones, industrious, but didn't do too much else, beyond drawing a yellow card for their awful left-back, allowing Knockaert the opportunity to weave his magic
Kayal 7 -- influential and terrier-like, but hampered by his injury and the conditions
Stephens 4.5 -- simply dreadful second half, wayward passing
LuaLua 4.5 -- good first quarter, worthless thereafter
Murphy 6.5 -- creative, good at turning and running with the ball, things didn't quite come off for him
Hemed 6 -- some good touches, but should have buried that header

Wilson 5.5 -- caused their defence some problems, but again too lightweight
Knockaert 8 Mot20mins -- did it for us
Sidwell 7 -- could be one hell of a crucial intervention

Thought we were extremely poor in the second half, and made an awful Forest side start believing in themselves.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Skalak who has created 3 of our last 4 goals? Without him we wouldn't be in contention for the autos. It's down to the wire now and decent set plays create chances and we don't have anyone else any good at them. Stephen's free kicks and corners are dreadful.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

It was a game of two halves, 2nd half yes we did play under par but we played well in the first half and bossed the game. Team selection wasn't wrong. With the players at his disposal Hughton picked a well balanced side. The problem was that Lua Lua was woeful and we effectively played with 10 men. Skalak was decent enough and notched another assist with a world class delivery.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Skalak who has created 3 of our last 4 goals? Without him we wouldn't be in contention for the autos. It's down to the wire now and decent set plays create chances and we don't have anyone else any good at them. Stephen's free kicks and corners are dreadful.

In my other post I DO concede his value to the team. I just say he doesn't deserve a starting 11 place

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Stockdale 5 -- distribution only OK, could have conceded a needless penalty, pulled off one great save and nearly got enough on their goal to claw it away
Bruno 6 -- a few mistakes, did OK, i.e. not up to his usual standards
Goldson 5 -- not up to his usual standards
Dunk 6.5 -- got the goal, and looked composed for most of the game ... apart from that shocking challenge
Rosenior 5 -- some good attacking play in the first quarter, not up to much thereafter
Skalak 6 -- some delicious set-plays but also some poor ones, industrious, but didn't do too much else, beyond drawing a yellow card for their awful left-back, allowing Knockaert the opportunity to weave his magic
Kayal 7 -- influential and terrier-like, but hampered by his injury and the conditions
Stephens 4.5 -- simply dreadful second half, wayward passing
LuaLua 4.5 -- good first quarter, worthless thereafter
Murphy 6.5 -- creative, good at turning and running with the ball, things didn't quite come off for him
Hemed 6 -- some good touches, but should have buried that header

Wilson 5.5 -- caused their defence some problems, but again too lightweight
Knockaert 8 Mot20mins -- did it for us
Sidwell 7 -- could be one hell of a crucial intervention

Thought we were extremely poor in the second half, and made an awful Forest side start believing in themselves.

Stephens 4.5.... Really? Yes a couple of wayward passes but broke up a lot of play and worked exceptionally hard.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
First 11:
Stockdale - 5.5
Bruno - 6.5
Goldson - 5.5
Dunk - 7.5 (MVP)
Rosenior - 6
Kayal - 6
Stephens - 6