Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

and just when things were going so well

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
phone call from our letting agent saying we have 3 months to move out.
this after the landlady promised we would be here for life.
her husband is in money trouble(but has 6 other properties) and they now want to move into this property:annoyed:
this after making the place habitable, new boiler and full insulation,roof and walls,and somehow when we first moved here re-vamping a wasteland of a garden.
so now at nearly 70 and other half 74 we are look for somewhere to move.

never liked her tw@t of a husband
life goes on
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

*******S

NEVER TRUST ANYONE .................................THINK I MIGHT JUST HAVE GOT THAT ONE RIGHT

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
her husband is in money trouble(but has 6 other properties) and they now want to move into this property:annoyed:
this after making the place habitable, new boiler and full insulation,roof and walls,and somehow when we first moved here re-vamping a wasteland of a garden.

life goes on
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

*******S

NEVER TRUST ANYONE .................................THINK I MIGHT JUST HAVE GOT THAT ONE RIGHT
You paid for new boiler and other repairs in a rented house??! That sort of thing is most definitely the landlord's responsibility, and there should be some money for you to claim back off of them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is there a chance your landlady's other half is one of the tory boys you've upset on here?

ps. good luck in finding another home.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

life goes on
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

*******S

why would you revamp the boiler and roof and garden if you are renting, Shirley the land lord would do all that before your moved in?

Good luck finding a new place ball ache at any age.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who paid for all that? How long have you been there?

If it's you that paid, I've got a place that needs doing up - sorry, I mean I've got a lovely home you can stay in for the rest of your like, anything to help out a fellow fan.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Can you not get yourselves on the council list or whatever it's called nowadays. We rented privately for 5 years but were lucky enough to have a lovely couple as landlords.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

life goes on
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

*******S

Sorry to hear Glas, we had he same a year ago. Had been in the place 5 years, done it up (painting etc. as didn't want it all magnolia) and then the land lady decided to give the flat to her daughter as a birthday present.

I hope you didn't pay for the boiler etc. and that you find a decent place soon. Our small act of defiance was to move out after one month (after giving them notice) as we knew her birthday wasn't for a while and they would lose 2 months rent.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

life goes on
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

*******S

Could you move into one of the other properties they own ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You paid for new boiler and other repairs in a rented house??! That sort of thing is most definitely the landlord's responsibility, and there should be some money for you to claim back off of them.
r about 50% so yaes we will be asking for that back
Is there a chance your landlady's other half is one of the tory boys you've upset on here?
dipstick so I doubt it

ps. good luck in finding another home.

why would you revamp the boiler and roof and garden if you are renting, Shirley the land lord would do all that before your moved in?
she lost 30k to a run-away builder before we moved in

Who paid for all that? How long have you been there?

If it's you that paid, I've got a place that needs doing up - sorry, I mean I've got a lovely home you can stay in for the rest of your like, anything to help out a fellow fan.
no sorry

Can you not get yourselves on the council list or whatever it's called nowadays. We rented privately for 5 years but were lucky enough to have a lovely couple as landlords.

going to speak to the council in the morning
Sorry to hear Glas, we had he same a year ago. Had been in the place 5 years, done it up (painting etc. as didn't want it all magnolia) and then the land lady decided to give the flat to her daughter as a birthday present.

I hope you didn't pay for the boiler etc. and that you find a decent place soon. Our small act of defiance was to move out after one month (after giving them notice) as we knew her birthday wasn't for a while and they would lose 2 months rent.
:lolol:

Could you move into one of the other properties they own ?

he is selling them to pay off his debts

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

she lost 30k to a run-away builder and what he did do was absolute shite

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
r about 50% so yaes we will be asking for that back
How many more months of rent have you got to pay? Ask for the money for the boiler etc now, and don't pay the rent until you've got it (cleared, not a dodgy cheque). If he has financial problems, you don't want to pay all your rent and then find out you can't get the money for the work you did.

Also, is your deposit in a proper deposit scheme?

el punal

Is there a tenancy agreement in place? Did you pay a deposit before moving in? Have you paid for any other repairs or for items to be replaced?

Being fortunate to be a home owner I have not endured the problems of being a tenant for over thirty years. My suggestion is that you seek advice, either from the Citizens Advice Bureau (do they still exist?) or try a solicitor who may offer a free consultation.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You shouldn't have paid a thing for the boiler or any of the rest of it unless otherwise was damage caused by yourselves.

As suggested by Triggaaar check whether your deposit is in a tenancy deposit scheme, the details of which you should have been supplied with when you moved in.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
How many more months of rent have you got to pay? Ask for the money for the boiler etc now, and don't pay the rent until you've got it (cleared, not a dodgy cheque). If he has financial problems, you don't want to pay all your rent and then find out you can't get the money for the work you did.

good points
good thing he is not here now or ever there will be murders
and yes it is a deposit scheme

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
good points
good thing he is not here now or ever there will be murders
Word of advice - when I plan to murder someone, I don't post about it here, in case I need to plead self-defence later.

and yes it is a deposit scheme
Good.

Just think it all through and make sure you're not relying on money coming back to you, as it could be a nightmare to get it. If there's anything you're unsure of, just post here, I'm sure someone can help.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Is there a tenancy agreement in place? Did you pay a deposit before moving in? Have you paid for any other repairs or for items to be replaced?
yes
and a list is being made as we speak

Being fortunate to be a home owner I have not endured the problems of being a tenant for over thirty years. My suggestion is that you seek advice, either from the Citizens Advice Bureau (do they still exist?) or try a solicitor who may offer a free consultation.
and age UK in the morning

You shouldn't have paid a thing for the boiler or any of the rest of it unless otherwise was damage caused by yourselves.

As suggested by Triggaaar check whether your deposit is in a tenancy deposit scheme, the details of which you should have been supplied with when you moved in.

boiler=grant
all other work paid for by us

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Word of advice - when I plan to murder someone, I don't post about it here, in case I need to plead self-defence later.

Good.

Just think it all through and make sure you're not relying on money coming back to you, as it could be a nightmare to get it. If there's anything you're unsure of, just post here, I'm sure someone can help.

thanks trigg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Definitely this. Work out what the landlord owes you and deduct it from your rent to pay in the next 3 months - this is far easier than trying to get money back. And don't fanny about with only asking for 50% either; it's the landlord's responsibility if building work needs doing or boilers need replacing.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What a **** your landlord is.If your cats leave you mouse presents,they smell out of all proportion to their size when decomposing behind a radiator.Well deserved birthday gift.Good Luck!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here