Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester on the fiddle

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Oh but that can't be right, they're the darlings of English football who can do no wrong. Everyone loves them and it shall always be so.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I had heard it mentioned that they could be excluded from the Champions' League should they quality, which they now have, due to financial skulduggery.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Financial Fair Play seemed at first glance to be a good idea, but so many clubs are finding ways round it (and other League rules) and hardly anyone gets pulled up on it its turned out to be fatally flawed. Guess it shouldn't be a shocker in a world with megabucks involved...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had heard it mentioned that they could be excluded from the Champions' League should they quality, which they now have, due to financial skulduggery.

UEFA would LOVE to find a reason to prevent Leicester from taking up a place that 'should' be reserved for a more marketable BIG team. Can't see it though - 'all' they are guilty of is failing FFP regs. Same as PSG and Man City - neither of whom had 'European ban' amongst their punishments. They'll get a fine, or a squad number cap, like those two got.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Their players are on performance-enhancing drugs as well, according to the doctor that The Times caught in that sting.

Would partially explain the "miracle" wouldn't it ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just got to show how useless the Football League are. The rules are only worthwhile if they are acted upon immediately. FFP has been a shambles from beginning to end as the rules such as they are could be circumvented by sharp practive and labyrinthine deals (or in the case of QPR two fingers just waved vigoursly in the face of the authorities).

In my opinion, having an owner waste their own money on a football club is not cheating. Going into administration and wiping out your debts without having any intention of paying creditors what they are owed is. It would have been far simpler for the league to introduce punitive penalties for going into admin (ie relegation by at least one division). This you would have thought is a far easier means of keeping teams on the straight and narrow.

Should Leicester be found guilty (and they may well be) all they will get is a fine which given Sky Tv's largesse would be nothing but loose change.

FFP was completely ill-concieved from the beginning.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not happy with playing the system in their administration years that basically paid off their stadium and allowed them to keep their Premiership squad in the Championship a few years before, Leicester have now been fiddling sponsorship deals to beat FFP.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ball-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

Looks well shady.

Apologies if fixtures.

They beat us home and away that season with their Premier League squad that they could not afford, taking 6 points off us.

We, on the other hand, were relegated, 5 points from safety.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Let me guess who is speaking in favour of this... Man Utd, West Ham, Southampton, Liverpool... ??

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
In my opinion Leiecster have not 'cheated' this season, should they go on to win the title the achievement belongs to those players and the manager who have achieved. They may well have shiftily bought themselves out of the championship but compared to their competitors in the Premier League they are financial small fry.

If belatedly found guilty they should pay the fine that would/should have been applied at the time.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
In my opinion Leiecster have not 'cheated' this season, should they go on to win the title the achievement belongs to those players and the manager who have achieved. They may well have shiftily bought themselves out of the championship but compared to their competitors in the Premier League they are financial small fry.

If belatedly found guilty they should pay the fine that would/should have been applied at the time.

Just watch them get hung out to dry by the 'Big boys' given half a chance :nono:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They beat us home and away that season with their Premier League squad that they could not afford, taking 6 points off us.

We, on the other hand, were relegated, 5 points from safety.

The season in the article was 13/14. The season where they wrote off all of their debts was 02/03

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here